Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo charging for calls to *611?

My girlfriend and I were just reviewing her first months koodo bill.  She has 500 minutes of airtime, and 32 minutes of that was used in calling Koodo's *611 service.  Is this correct?  They deduct minutes for having to call to talk to their CSR's?  

4 replies

Userlevel 7
No, it shouldn't. I think the bill will show the call duration but it doesn't count towards your monthly minutes cap.
Thanks for the quick reply! 

It does show the duration, but it isn't clear whether it counts against it.  I guess I'll just tell her to monitor the bill.  I'm only over concerned there's some overage on her airtime, and if the 32 minutes was deducted, it makes a difference as far as the bill is concerned. 
Userlevel 7
Jonathan Paul wrote:

It does show the duration, but it isn't clear whether it count...

Just as evening and weekend calls are displayed and their duration, so would any other call. Just like the evenings and weekends don't count towards the 500, neither does *611. It's going to show up but it wasn't deducted. I know hat for sure. Have you and your girlfriend go through the call records on her pdf bill carefully and you'll see that
Jonathan Paul wrote:

It does show the duration, but it isn't clear whether it count...

That makes sense.  I'm with a different carrier so I'm not used to having to sort through bills (not bragging, but kinda am).  I'll go through it with her tonight.  Thank you for the help Ahmad.