Feedback
Koodo Charge Help | Koodo Community
Koodo Community
Question

Koodo Charge Help

• 8 September 2021
  • 4 replies

I am a post secondary student and for about 1  and a half years I absolutely loved Koodo and had a great plan with no issues. The issue began with having a high data usage for awhile, this was due to me having no internet at home for a bit. I had added on data to my plan and once I got wifi again I attempted to call Koodo to remove the added data. I had arranged 3 separate callback schedules but received no call. After the unsatisfactory attempts at trying to speak with a agent I decided to go into the local Koodo store. The representative at the store was very friendly but said only the Koodo customer service could help me, I explained my situation and she tried to troubleshoot for me. The store representative first checked to ensure the number was not blocked on my phone (which it was not). She then attempted to schedule a immediate callback for me but I waited at the store for sometime but customer care did not call. So I explored my options with the store representative and the representative showed me on the Koodo website how I could pay off my Koodo remaining tab balance (180.00 CAD), she said if I did this there should be no additional cancellation fees if I were to perhaps change services with another provider. I decided to go to Virgin Mobile which had a plan with more data for less. All was good for about a week and then I got my last Koodo phone bill. This bill was for 433$CAD as it had a hidden tab bonus charge in addition to my tab payoff and monthly bill. I attempted to call Koodo customer care again several times and never received a call back. After this I had went to a Koodo/Telus joint store. Again I had an amazing representative who tried to get me through to Koodo customer care. His callback schedule did not come through again, so he had called an internal agent and got what was supposed to be a direct number for me. Together we tried that number and we were just prompted to schedule a callback time. He suggested that I call the Telus support line instead of Koodo. I had finally gotten through the Telus line and they were able to transfer my call to a Koodo rep.  I was on the phone for about half an hour explaining the situation and what can be done but the representative assured me that my charges were correct. Now after almost 2 full days of trying to contact Koodo I am stuck with over a 400$ phone charge. Firstly, I gladly would have stayed with Koodo if I initially could of gotten through to someone to change my data plan, and additionally had I known this charge would have happened I would have not cancelled my service as the store representative told me I would not experience any cancellation penalties . I do not wish Koodo services on anyone and hope nobody has to undergo this in the future. Is there any other possible options?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The tab bonus was in the contract when you signed up with Koodo. As of now, you already left Koodo, so you would have to speak to a rep about it. This is the customer community forum. To contact them, you can chat with a rep via Facebook or Twitter or try to schedule another callback to another number and see if that works. 

Even if I was told in store these fees would not be incurred? I will try facebook thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Even if I was told in store these fees would not be incurred? I will try facebook thanks!

I am not sure if the person you spoke to were an official Koodo rep or not. The Tab bonus was one of the big change from Koodo recently. They should know about it. Also, in your initial agreement when you signed up sith Koodo, there was also a note about it. 

Anyway, good luck. Hopefully a Koodo rep could help you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m sorry to hear you were misinformed by the Koodo rep at your local store. Unfortunately, if you changed, cancelled, or upgraded your plan before the end of the 24-month Tab period, you will be charged the remaining Tab balance and Tab Bonus balance. It will be extremely difficult to have this charge waived, especially since you have already ported out of Koodo to another mobile carrier. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/everything-you-need-to-know-about-tab