Koodo Community

Issues

• 10 September 2020
  • 8 replies

At the end on July i switched providers and over a month later i am still being charged my full bill as if i am still a customer. My month bill was the same amount as my remain tab charge, Is this common to be charged a full month’s rate even though you ended your contract, or do they only charge you for what you actually used?

Dennis 5 months ago

How did you actually cancel?  

Did you port your Koodo number to the new carrier?

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7

When you state ‘I switched providers’ I assume that you transferred your account from koodo to another provider. Is the bill that you received ‘a month later’ state that this is the final bill? When you leave at the beginning of a payment cycle, you may be charged the following month for the portion of the payment cycle period that you still used your account. Is that the case?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi

Did you finish the porting from Koodo to other provider? And was the information about the charge showed in the “final bill”? Or it was the information from a recent bill before the port?

My August 2020 bill does not say that its my final bill. I left half way between billing cycles. I believe i was over changed my half a month, can this be confirmed?

Userlevel 7

The final bill should state “Final Bill” and the payment should reflect the portion (half?) of the billing cycle used prior to the transfer of your account (porting of your account to the new provider). If it isn’t the case, you should contact Koodo billing department to clarify the details of your final bill.

Thank you! I am have a extremely hard time getting through to anyone when i call their number

Userlevel 7

They seem to be overloaded.  If you still need to talk to koodo’s billing department, you may ask for a callback via chat (or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Koodo).  For Koodo Chat  go to the link  www.koodomobile.com/chat and type  #helpss

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would suggest you wait for the next bill after cancellation. If you contact a rep before that bill arrives, the rep won’t have much to tell except telling to wait.

If you already paid the August bill which cover some days after cancellation, they will refund via a cheque to your address on the account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did you actually cancel?  

Did you port your Koodo number to the new carrier?