Koodo Community
Solved

Is this Normal?

• 15 January 2021
  • 5 replies

I did not pay for Koodo bill for 3 months. Naturally, I’ve been disconnected from my services. Why is it then that I am still being charged for every month that follows? I thought the first time it was a mistake in the system so I waited another month for it to correct itself. I still got charged again for another month. This is just adding a bill to a phone service that I have not used  and been disconnected from for 2 whole months. Is this normal? 

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 15 January 2021, 23:56

They suspend your account due to non-payment. 

If you didn't cancel your service, or didn't make any payment plan, then they will continue to charge you to keep your account.

If you don't contact them soon, it might go to collection and your credit history would be effected by this.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don't think that you should continue to be charged once you're disconnected but it goes ahead monthly. Any reason why you waited 3 months to say something? You could have had service ended if you couldn't afford it at all. Or a reduced rate plan. Or a repayment plan to get back on track. What do you want at this point?

You'll want to call #227 from your phone to get  reconnected and repayment started if that's the route you wanna go.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They suspend your account due to non-payment. 

If you didn't cancel your service, or didn't make any payment plan, then they will continue to charge you to keep your account.

If you don't contact them soon, it might go to collection and your credit history would be effected by this.

I already went ahead and paid for those 3 months. What I want is to not be charged for those extra 2 months I was disconnected and end my service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I already went ahead and paid for those 3 months. What I want is to not be charged for those extra 2 months I was disconnected and end my service.

Say,  people lost phone and suspend their service untill they get new phone. They( provider) will continue to charge you to keep your account/ number.      Same things with seasonal hold. You go to abroad and suspend service, but Koodo still charge you $15/mo to keep your number and account.

Thanks Goran and MayumI. It was stupid not to call for 3 months.  I called and got a reduced rate plan and the reconnection fee waived. Thanks to you both for the advice.