Koodo Community
Solved

Is the advertised quoted (after tax) monthly bill accurate?

• 19 June 2020
  • 6 replies

I’ve recently made the move over to Koodo, I wanted the deal offered on the Huawei P30 lite (I love this phone!) 
I opted for the 50$ plan
I’ll be paying an extra 10$ a month for the phone 
Monthly Bill 60$ 

After taxes, Koodo displayed my monthly total at $68 and some change. I did everything online so no 40$ activation. This is a pretty sweet deal I think to myself!

My first bill came in and it’s sitting at $91.98. 
Fine, I understand that it’s my first bill, I’m getting a few charges  that I didn’t fully account for, not great but no biggie. 

If I stay within the parameters of my contract, moving forward, can I expect my next bill to be as first advertised? (68 and change)
Or did I miss an asterix in the small print in italics under the appendix on the 9th page for blah blah blah…  

I would highly appreciate an answer :) 

Thanks Koodo fam

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 19 June 2020, 21:20

Your first bill always include partial charges from your activation date to your billing date, plus the next full month in advance.

You also ported your number in, that's why you might see all small charges.

Partial charges should showing you duration of days too.

Your bill will be normal for next month with service/ plan plus Tab + tax ( and overage if any)

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What does it say the extra charges are for?

Did you login to your self serve to download your detailed pdf ebill?  If not, i highly advise you do so we can find the root cause of the issue

When looking at my total it’s coming up as 68.33 before taxes. It seems like it totaled my taxes, then taxed me again. 

Hi Dennis! Thanks for the reply, 

The first page of pdf lists simply 
Mobile services $80 <= ahhh!!! 

Taxes 11.98

About page 5 I get a Summary. The summary contains 2 different lines, one with the Koodo number first assigned to me, the other one with the Telus number I brought over and chose to keep. I’m assuming that the Koodo line is the small segment of the month I had to pay for.. even though it wasn’t used once -.-
I realize that I’m charged for a small part of the month and a month ahead...  What I don’t get is why all these “partial charges”
The charges are as follows. 

“Partial Charges” totaling 10$ (1.67 Koodo, 8.33 Telus) 
“Monthly and other charges 70$ (10 from Koodo, 60 from Telus) 
“Taxes $11.99 ( 1.75 Koodo, 10.24 Telus)

Total a saddening 91.99 :’( 

fingers crossed for next month.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Your first bill always include partial charges from your activation date to your billing date, plus the next full month in advance.

You also ported your number in, that's why you might see all small charges.

Partial charges should showing you duration of days too.

Your bill will be normal for next month with service/ plan plus Tab + tax ( and overage if any)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you need further clarification, please post a screenshot of that page (with any personal info blacked out) and we can explain in a bit more detail

Userlevel 4

Hi Luigi,

All customer accounts are assigned a bill cycle at the time of activation. Since the activation date does not usually fall on the start date of a customer's bill cycle, prorata charges result. Also, because we are talking about a postpaid service, you are charged a month in advance. We can assure you that only your first bill will be a little bit higher, but after that you will not have any other surprises. :slight_smile:  

All the best,

Helen