Koodo Community
Solved

Is texting an American number while in Canada included in the unlimited texting plan? Or will I be charged for international messaging?

I have the $35 plan which has unlimited text messaging. Does this include texting a Chicago number while in Canada? Or will I be charged internationally?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As long as you are in Canada you can send text messages to or receive them from anyone in the world. There will be no extra charges.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

As long as you are in Canada you can send text messages to or receive them from anyone in the wor...

This comment was from a year ago.  Does it still apply?  I have a $30 plan that includes unlimited texting.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

As long as you are in Canada you can send text messages to or receive them from anyone in the wor...

Yes.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

I will be traveling to USA, and I also have a $35 plan with Unlimited Texting.  Does it mean I can send and receive texts in USA at no charge? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

@helgabf: No, it is unlimited if you are in Canada.

If you travel to US, you are roaming to another network. Hence, it is not free, and if you want to control the cost, I would suggest you buy an add-on https://www.koodomobile.com/help/travelling-us