Koodo Community
Question

Is my data used when I go to koodomobile.com?

• 28 August 2012
  • 8 replies

When I go on koodo.ca on my iPhone does that count towards my data? It shouldn't because their is no app or any other way to check. Please let me know and when is this mobile app going to come out?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 2
It absolutely does count. If you used an app to check, it would cost as well..... If you want...This is a Koodo forum.
Userlevel 3
It absolutely does count. If you used an app to check, it would cost as well..... If you want...No charges. "TELUS My Account is an easy-to-use mobility app that lets you conveniently make changes to your account on the go. Plus, there are no data charges for using it, including use outside of Canada, on a 4G (HSPA) device."
Userlevel 5
It absolutely does count. If you used an app to check, it would cost as well..... If you want...Odd right under "What you should know" they say it doesn't use data. http://www.telusmobility.com/en/AB/selfserve-app/index.shtml?INCTMP=homeBanSSApp
Userlevel 2
It absolutely does count. If you used an app to check, it would cost as well..... If you want...Really? That's interesting. I wasn't aware telus came out with their app already, I see it's only available for Android right now. We'll see if Koodo follows suit. I don't think they *should* be charging for it, but I suspect they will. We'll see. Sidenote: You shouldn't be charged minutes from you plan to check your voicemail. EDIT: just checked the telus site. Using the app counts against your data it seems. * Data charges may apply if data usage exceeds the number of allocated megabytes in your Voice & Data rate plan or Data Add-on. Data charges will apply if you do not have a Voice & Data rate plan or Data Add-on.*
Userlevel 5
It absolutely does count. If you used an app to check, it would cost as well..... If you want...While true, Telus does not count data used while using their official app, and since Koodos app isn't out yet we don't know for sure if their app will count.
Userlevel 2
It absolutely does count. If you used an app to check, it would cost as well..... If you want...*IF* he used an app for this, it would be pulling data as well. I'm not saying that he is currently using one, just that whether you're on a browser or app, data is data, the medium doesn't matter.
Userlevel 3
It absolutely does count. If you used an app to check, it would cost as well..... If you want...What app? They haven't launched it yet. I did see if i go to selfe serve on my phone that isn't charged.
Userlevel 2
It absolutely does count. If you used an app to check, it would cost as well..... If you want to avoid charges when checking, you'd have to be on wifi.