Community

Solved

Is 1-855 number toll free ?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Yep that's a toll free number that came into service about 3 years ago 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It is a toll free. But if you call toll free number, it still uses your airtime minutes unless you have unlimited minutes.
Userlevel 7
Mayumi wrote:

It is a toll free. But if you call toll free number, it still uses your airtime minutes unless yo...

Star for mayumi. good catch 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

It is a toll free. But if you call toll free number, it still uses your airtime minutes unless yo...

(^_^)
Mayumi wrote:

If it uses airtime minutes then it is like a normal local number and not toll free, right
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Toll free means you don't get charge for long distance call 🙂
Mayumi wrote:

Toll free should really mean "free of charges", not "you don't get charged for long distance". I really shouldn't be using up my minutes for making a toll free call, that's a bit silly really
Userlevel 4
Mayumi wrote:

Agreed. Well, since toll free numbers existed, they have ALWAYS covered long distance and never covered any airtime.
Mayumi wrote:

Yes, especially since if you have already used up your monthly minutes, you are then being charged for airtime...thus no longer making it "Toll-Free"
Userlevel 2
Mayumi wrote:

It's "toll free" in that there is no Long Distance charge. That has nothing to do with airtime overages of your rate plan. Nor has "Toll Free" ever meant that your airtime isn't charged. A toll free number has no idea what your rate plan is or even what type of service you're calling from.
Mayumi wrote:

Let's agree to disagree, please have a look at http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toll-free_telephone_number
Mayumi wrote:

Yeah, that's toll free number. I didn't know but such numbers have 800 codes as well. I’m as the user of such numbers can confirm its flexibility in use. I have online shop offering several technical equipment so having multichannel virtual number helps to make your number not so busy and easy accessible for clients. I got many clients (because they don’t have to pay for their calls), more profits for my business. Cheap services and flexibility impressed me. Here https://freezvon.com/toll-free-800-telephone-number-for-business-usage.html  I found more about toll free numbers, maybe you can get even more for you.