Koodo Community

Community

Solved

internet

I've received two text message saying I've used 75% of my data and later 95% of my data. I only read these message when I woke up next morning! I was alone and did not added any app in the last days. I never watch videos in my phone. I can not believe all the data transactions that show up in only two days! I turned off internet as suggested by Koodo! However, it is not fair because I DID NOT use this data!!! I am afraid to keep using my cell phone. Whats is the reason to paid internet, not use and be charged? Also, turn off internet for the rest of the month! I can not believe this is happen!!! I would like to know how can I keep using internet and not be charged for those thing I did not used. otherwise I can not use your services anymore, because not use the cell phone seems not a option that a cell phone company should offer. You can check all my bills from the last 1.6 years it never happen! I am completely disappointed!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Gabriela, First of all, we're all customers like yourself, we can't see your account or bills. Did you check what the data was used on? Perhaps a rogue app, or somebody used your phone, or it downloaded something while you were not connected to WiFi? Check your phone and it may tell you...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You don't actually need to use your phone to use data. Depending on your data settings, your apps may be auto updating over mobile internet instead over WiFi only.