Koodo Community

Community

increase free data under PPU Data Saver to 2 MB

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Most people on this forum are well aware that while data used for pictures is not chargeable, background data used by the phone is. A partial solution is to only switch data on to send or receive mms messages, but the phone still often uses a miniscule amount of data in the background, resulting in a $5 charge at the end of the month. I propose that the PPU Data saver plan be modified so that customers are not charged until their data use exceeds 2 MB. This amount would be large enough that responsible users trying to prevent data use would not accidentally be charged, while still small enough that they would still be charged for any intentional data use such as web browsing.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Make it 5 or even 10MB instead of just 2.... but yes +1!!!!
Userlevel 4
About time someone suggested this...
Userlevel 7
I agree too. We see a slew of community members each month angry they have a 5$ charge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/waived_or_per_kb_mb_rate_before_the_5_data_saver_kicks_in
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Haha I thought I had heard it before 😃 Great minds think alike!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ya. You got my +1 Dennis. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
For some reason it doesnt say Not Planned or Under Consideration. Maybe they just over looked it 😞
Userlevel 5
Hey Dennis, it's not overlooked. We're still discussing it internally. I intentionally didn't want to give it a status before properly assessing it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
:) Thanks for the update Sumaya
Userlevel 1
Im with you, same boat, phone is locked down as Android allows, Internet APN changed, got charge for use 800 kb of data. Im not turning my data off and on all the time just to send a picture message on wifi.
Userlevel 6
No Way wrote:

Im with you, same boat, phone is locked down as Android allows, Internet APN changed, got charge ...

Koodo prepaid maybe? Unlimited messaging including pictures and no data charges.
Userlevel 6
Is data saver still out there?
Cameron Jones wrote:

Is data saver still out there?

It isn't, only on old plans, which is too bad