Koodo Community
Solved

Incorrect Roaming Charge - need to reverse charge

• 12 November 2020
  • 7 replies

I live in Victoria, and there are certain places where your phone will start roaming due to the close proximity of the USA. Anyway, I’ve got a $10 roaming charge on my phone bill, but I have not left Canada (and can’t even if I wanted to due to Covid!). I would like to remove this fee since it’s incorrect. Help? Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Sophia 12 November 2020, 19:39

You can send a private message to Koodo through Facebook or Twitter and explain your situation. Meanwhile, make sure you switch off roaming on your phone so that it won’t happen again, I would imagine it will be a one time leniency for Koodo to reverse your charges :)

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can send a private message to Koodo through Facebook or Twitter and explain your situation. Meanwhile, make sure you switch off roaming on your phone so that it won’t happen again, I would imagine it will be a one time leniency for Koodo to reverse your charges :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

To prevent it from happening in the future, go into your Network Settings and change your network from Automatic to Koodo (note that it will take a few minutes to load the networks)

I’m having the same issue. I live near the US border and almost every month I have to call to reverse roaming charges. I’ve been told I have to phone to talk to someone in order to have my bill corrected, they will not do it via chat or email, but today when I called the incoming message says they are too busy to take my call! Horrible customer service. They don’t even list a phone number on the website.  I had to Google it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m having the same issue. I live near the US border and almost every month I have to call to reverse roaming charges. I’ve been told I have to phone to talk to someone in order to have my bill corrected, they will not do it via chat or email, but today when I called the incoming message says they are too busy to take my call! Horrible customer service. They don’t even list a phone number on the website.  I had to Google it.

Send them a private message via Facebook or Twitter like Sophia said above and and a Rep will be able to look your account for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

https://community.koodomobile.com/billing-66726/incorrect-roaming-charge-7801432?postid=19872441#post19872441

I have the same issue getting USroaming emails on Vancouver Islands west coast. I have had charges reversed twice now by phone contact with Koodo rep.. I had followed instructions as listed above, phone is set to Do not roam and manually set to Koodo, and still get the emails. If I use airplane mode to avoid the incorrect billing,  my phone is nothing but an expensive camera. Argh!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @kylakay,

You can send us a private message on Facebook/Twitter and we will take a look on your account to see exactly what happened. Accidental roaming is a common issue and it happens due to frequency levels in border zones between US and Canada, when our customers accidentally roam onto a US carrier's network.

Best regards,

Helen