Koodo Community
Solved

Incorrect data roaming charge on my bill

• 18 April 2020
  • 4 replies

I was charged 10$ for data roaming, except I didn't roam, and I never roam. All of my previous bills are consistent. Must be an error I need someone to fix. The chat bot was completely useless, and I sent in a message asking for help from my self serve over a week ago. Any suggestions? I need a real person, but koodo doesn't seem to employ many of those.

icon

Best answer by Goran 18 April 2020, 05:55

Do you live right close to the American border?
You can send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to get it reversed. You shouldn't be ettimg charged roaming right now, plus that's all of 13KB.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you live right close to the American border?
You can send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to get it reversed. You shouldn't be ettimg charged roaming right now, plus that's all of 13KB.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

To prevent this in the future, please go into your Settings and change your network setting from Automatic to Koodo. This will prevent your phone from connecting to other networks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

1X Data Roaming is a legacy connection from the days of flip phones, and seems to get around cellular data blocks. As stated above, connect with Koodo to have it reversed, and set your phone to avoid connection to other networks unless you need them.

Thank you all for the responses! I did contact them through Facebook messenger, and they resolved the issue for me. I'm wondering why it doesn't say that anywhere on their website?

Cheers