Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Incoming LD from Canada

I have a fairly old Koodo plan which I thought was Canada-wide from Hamilton and, after moving to Toronto, I found out that I'm getting charged long distance for incoming calls from Toronto. Is this supposed to happen? Is there something I can do to change this? Also, do people calling from Toronto (e.g. a land line) get charged for long distance when calling my (Hamilton) number?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
You will have to change plans. All of the plans koodo has now include nationwide minutes so all calls are local. No more long distance. You can change you plan online.
RudyW wrote:

You will have to change plans. All of the plans koodo has now include nationwide minutes so all c...

If I switch to a prepaid plan will that also treat all Canadian calls as local?
Userlevel 2
RudyW wrote:

You will have to change plans. All of the plans koodo has now include nationwide minutes so all c...

Local calls will only be the Toronto numbers and Hamilton will be concidered long distance with the prepaid, and land lines that call Hamilton number will only be charged if they do not have Canadian long distance on their side.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonah, all Talk boosters are Canada wide, by if you have a baseplan with minutes then they are Local
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you've moved to TO, get a new TO number. If you stick with your current plan, callers from TO within many areas will not pay long distance, but legacy callers from Hamilton will. Same story on outgoing calls. I don't live in my "area code", but elsewhere in the same province. It so happens that most of my family/friends/contacts are in the 514 area code, Montreal West Island, so that's where I picked my Koodo "local" number so that they could all call without long di$tance charge$.