Koodo Community

Community

Solved

If phone never been disconnected reconnection fee

How can I be charged a reconnection fee when my phone was never disconnected also my phone bill balance is never over 100 even if I don't pay in full I always make sure it's not over 100 so how can I be charge for this when it makes no sense at all some please help

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The same thing happened to me and it's because you can't make partial payments on your account so it has to be fully paid down to $0 owing each and every month unless you've made prior arrangements for a particular month due to some unforeseen circumstances.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Ciara, back in mid May the partial payment wasn't enough to cover the outstanding amount. In cases like that the line indeed gets disconnected.
Bernard wrote:

@ Ciara, back in mid May the partial payment wasn't enough to cover the outstanding amount. In ca...

Well I would have liked to be told that was possible because I would have put more on and please tell me which day it was disconnected from because on my bill I have at least one phone call or text everyday so if it wasn't disconnected how can u be charged for a reconnection fee
Userlevel 7
Bernard wrote:

@ Ciara, back in mid May the partial payment wasn't enough to cover the outstanding amount. In ca...

Ciara, like any other bill, if you don't pay for your service it will be disconnected. If you have no plans of reactivating it, make sure you cancel your account or else your bill will keep accumulating.
Bernard wrote:

It was never shut off therfore it didn't need to be reconnected it still on that's why I don't understand their fee and please don't insult my intelligence I'm not stupid I would understand their fee if they phone was shut off but it wasn't
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

It very well may have been disconnected, without you noticing it. It could've happened that it was disconnected shortly prior to your payment coming in, which could've re-connected it. If this happened in minutes, you wouldn't have noticed it.
Bernard wrote:

That Mahe no sense so shut them phone for a few minutes then charge me 35 that's not right
Bernard wrote:

I shouldn't have to pay 35 if it was shut off for a few minutes
Bernard wrote:

Plus it say it take 24 hours to receive a payment plus for it to be turned back on that's not right
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

I don't think that the system Is designed to determine if a certain time span occurred to not charge the reconnection fee, if that was the case. If you've got service again and you didn't call or you feel you shouldn't be to pay the amount owed then you should call 611 about it.
Bernard wrote:

This too has happened to me. I received a message threatening to disconnect my phone. I paid full amount immediately with credit card. And now I've been charged a reconnection fee. I never noticed or was aware that my phone was cut off . I demand proof that phone was cut off for any length of time. I refuse to pay they re-connection fee. KOODO support on phone was neither helpful nor listening. I receive no satisfaction. This is an unacceptable practice and I am KOODO UNHAPPY..! HEADS UP KOODO!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Is the account under your name Elle? (as in Elizabeth?) 
Bernard wrote:

Likewise Koodo, I am not too happy with my $7.50 reconnection fee. I have just updated my credit card but was not given any chance to do so before this 'fine' has been applied through no fault of my own. Please can you refund me the 7.50. I will greatly appreciate it. Thank you, Luc Kerley - Tofino BC
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Re- connection fee is $35 as far as I know.
$7.50 charge should be something else. Can you check your Ebill, page 3? It will tell you what  $7.5 charge is for.

If you still have question about this charge, can you plz use this link to start your own question.
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/new
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@ Luc, what name is the account under? The only Kerley we have is not a 'Luc'. 🙂
Bernard wrote:

What is the $35 reconnection fee for? I never asked to disconnect any phones and always recommended Koodo to friends but honestly, I'm very disappointed that I've been charge this amount without even knowing it...

KOODO, please help!!!!!!

Francis Theriault
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

You get disconnected for nonpayment. Did you change your method of payment or credit card or something? It usually takes a month to take effect and you might have fallen behind enough as a result to be disconnected. You're supposed to get warnings about an impending disconnection. Did you not get any messages from Koodo?
Bernard wrote:

I have a disconnection fee on my new bill, yet never been disconnected nor notified of pending disconnection why?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Please start a new thread next time as your situation is different. Probably it was a glitch. You can send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter to get the charge reversed.