Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I was referred but cannot get that $50

I was referred but cannot get that $50

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Ryan - not sure I follow. I see that you only created your profile on the Refer-a-friend website today, and you have sent a referral to someone you know. I don't see any info. on someone referring you or you claiming a referral sent to you by someone. Please make sure to follow the steps outlined here in order to successfully submit any referrals moving forward. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

Hi Ryan - not sure I follow. I see that you only created your profile on the Refer-a-friend websi...

And if someone referred you, they should have gone through the same process.
Ranjan wrote:

Hi Ryan - not sure I follow. I see that you only created your profile on the Refer-a-friend websi...

Ranjan- can you help me with a referral?
I normally see the a referral go from in progress to completed- but in the case of my most recent referral that I sent to a friend, it only shows her info in the SENT section with a note saying "verifying account number"

During her activation, she was given a temporary number because the port-in request from her home phone was giving an error. After the temp number was assigned a Koodo agent then ported in her home phone number AFTER the activation was completed.
For her referral she gave the temporary number, NOT the port in number - maybe that's why this is happening?

Can you confirm/resolve this referral by chance?
I also have a referral that was approved from April 10th but still waiting on bill credit to be applied. I understand it's up to 8 weeks though, so it's likely ok?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

Hi Nathan,

I see the referral in question. The submission will need to be updated with the new phone number as it's indeed not approved at this time due to the change in details. Can you have your friend contact us using this form on the referral website? You can ask her to provide the details of what happened (i.e. activated and received temporary number, then ported in number from another provider, etc.) Make sure she provides both the temp. and final phone number. An agent will then verify and manually help push this along. 

Reward for the previous referral is just waiting to be fulfilled. 
Ranjan wrote:

Thanks! She used that form right after the activation on Thursday and gave those details. I'm guessing they just haven't read it yet? Or shall she re send again?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

Is she's already submitted the info. then she should hear back this week 🙂
Ranjan wrote:

Thank you again:) for future reference, is this process required for each time there is a number port with a temp number assigned or could it have been resolved if we had put in the ported number into referral first as opposed to temp one?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

If you put in the ported number, and port in at the time of activation, this work around would not be required
Ranjan wrote:

Good to know!! Thanks 🙂 Strangely enough, yesterday the referral in question reappeared in the 'in progress' section but then this morning it is back to just showing 'sent' without anything in the 'in progress section' anymore.