Koodo Community
Solved

I was double billed before my phone was even activated

• 9 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Okay, so I’ve scheduled 5 callbacks, only gotten one call back and that was no helpful at all - the rep told me to send an email over a week ago but still haven’t gotten a response. Since then, I’ve sent multiple emails and had no response, I’m so frustrated with Koodo but maybe SOMEONE can explain my bill to me.

The situation: I signed up online for a KOODO plan on Dec 22 2020. I did not receive my SIM card in the mail until Jan 4. 

On Jan 3 2021 I got the following bill from KOODO:

As you can see, I was billed for the period Dec 22 - Dec 31 twice - once for the entire month, and once for the partial month. I understand that KOODO bills for the next month in advance, but there’s no mention of billing for January here. I was only billed twice for December -  a period where I had no even received my SIM card yet from KOODO.  I am frustrated with koodo for being billed two different amounts for the same time period, while also not having service during this time period. The way I see it, I should not have ANY bills from KOODO yet because I haven’t even activated the SIM card.

I have the SIM card now, but I don’t even want to start using it until this is sorted out - at least now I can give them back the SIM, cancel the service, and not pay them anything for the “no service” that I’ve gotten. 

What lengths must I go to actually get someone from the company to respond to me and address this issue?

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 9 January 2021, 07:17

This is just overview of your bill.  You have to download your PDF EBill to see detail. Then you can see your billing cycle.

Your billing cycle is from 1st of the month to 30/31st of the month. Full charge of $50 is from Jan 1 - 31.  And partial charge of $15 if for duration of Dec 22-31. 

Can you log into your self serve and check your due amount was adjusted from $62.79 to new amount?

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@jwkettle I see you were able to connect with one of our reps yesterday and they subsequently helped you adjust your bill.  As you mentioned  you ordered your SIM on the 22nd and I see we have put it in Canada Post’s “hands” the following morning. Typically delivery should take place in 2-3 days depending  on location. We did notice that Canada Post had some challenges during the holiday given the large volume of orders, people for everything, placed online.  That is likely why your package was delayed.  Glad to see things go straightened out and thank you for your understanding!

@MilkyWay I know one of the  main places people gauge how things are going is this very Community. One of the aspects we need to keep in mind is the dynamics of how forums often tend to work. The vast majority of times people post things about issues, things that didn’t ho well. Very rarely you will see someone come in and post a topic to simply compliment. That doesn’t mean the system is broken.  What one doesn’t get a good understanding of here, in this case,  is the tens of thousands of orders that got delivered without a hitch.  Just thought I’d share to provide some context to help paint a more wholesome picture.  Always thankful for your insight!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

However, I am still billed $15 for december, and I still haven’t even activated my SIM card yet 

Because I've been billed for service that I haven't even used I’m hesitant to actually activate the SIM…  Are you saying that once that SIM is activated, I should “trust" koodo (who won't even answer my calls or emails) to magically fix my bill? 

I was assuming that rep made some adjustment when you talked to them. PDF doesn’t get update even if they made adjustments. But you can see updated amount on overview screen. That’s why I asked you if there is any change on due amount.

Also, your SIM is already activated when they shipped it to you.  That’s why charges are started on Dec 22nd.   But, you didn’t receive it until Jan 4th.   You could ask them waive the service  fee up to Jan 3rd.  Once you received it, it’s your choice to use it or not. But, they can charge you for the service. 
Your bill won’t be magically fixed until you talk to them again.  Then you can decide that you can trust them and continue on.   Or if you don’t like their system/respond, you can cancel your service. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is just overview of your bill.  You have to download your PDF EBill to see detail. Then you can see your billing cycle.

Your billing cycle is from 1st of the month to 30/31st of the month. Full charge of $50 is from Jan 1 - 31.  And partial charge of $15 if for duration of Dec 22-31. 

Can you log into your self serve and check your due amount was adjusted from $62.79 to new amount?

on my PDF ebill it does show that the $50 is for January. That's a great start. Thank you.

However, I am still billed $15 for december, and I still haven’t even activated my SIM card yet 

Because I've been billed for service that I haven't even used I’m hesitant to actually activate the SIM…  Are you saying that once that SIM is activated, I should “trust" koodo (who won't even answer my calls or emails) to magically fix my bill? 

Many customers have experienced this issue before. It’s best that you contact a Koodo rep to credit back the amount for the days that you did not use the service. They are generally pretty helpful with that. You can either schedule a callback through Koodo Assist or send a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

Badge +4

I’m not sure which email address you were given. We recommend that customers send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or a direct message via Twitter. Try to refrain from sending multiple messages as this places you at the back of the queue.

https://www.facebook.com/Koodo or https://twitter.com/koodo

on my PDF ebill it does show that the $50 is for January. That's a great start. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4