Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I want to port my Saskatchewan number to my Alberta number or not ?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sure, you can port in any number over any other number.
Thanks for the quick reply. I want to keep my Alberta number and when I port my number so I have to pick alberta plan too or its gonna be same Saskatchewan plan on my alberta number
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Emran wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I want to keep my Alberta number and when I port my number so I have ...

Oh I see... sadly, you can only have one number on one line. If you want to keep your Alberta number, you would have to open a second line for your Sk number. As for the plan, I could be wrong but I believe that is based on where you live, not on your actual number
Emran wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I want to keep my Alberta number and when I port my number so I have ...

I'll explain you my case again let suppose my Alberta number is" A" with alberta plan and my Saskatchewan number is "S" with Saskatchewan plan. I want to port my alberta "A" number over "S" and I like to keep my Saskatchewan plan and I no longer need my Alberta plan I just want to keep my Alberta number with Saskatchewan plan and I live in Saskatchewan reason to keep my Alberta number is that everyone has my Alberta number and Alberta plan cost me lots
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Emran wrote:

What you want is not officially supported by Koodo, Emran... so I'm afraid I can't really help you with that. I hope you find what you are looking for 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Emran wrote:

Port your Alberta number to a VoIP supplier, and have it call forwarded to your Saskatchewan phone number. Should cost you a couple of bucks a month. Search VoIP on this forum for more ideas on this track..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Emran wrote:

Most VoIP services can supply you with numerous DID numbers (virtual numbers in area codes of your choosing) that are all forwarded to one main number.

Within a half hour's drive, I can cross one US and four Canadian area codes. The DID numbers are a blessing if you place any classified ads or have regular contacts within those areas, since many folks will balk at calling you long distance. I can also use VoIP from my cell anywhere there is a wifi connection by using a third party app.

Since you live in SK, there is no question you are eligible for SK plan with SK area code.