Koodo Community
Solved

I've Been Billed For a Line & Sim I don't Have

• 14 July 2020
  • 2 replies

I have previously been a long time subscriber to Koodo and my wife's number is still on the network. 

I needed a phone for work so decided to called Koodo to activate a spare sim that we had. The agent mistakenly actually ported my wife's number to the new sim rather than adding a line. 

I was told that I would have to then order a Sim card. I did this but it wouldn't come in time as I need my phone for work. 

I bought a Sim and proceeded to call to cancel, the sim had been sent but was rejected on delivery. 

The sim has never been used and never been activated. The line was removed from my online portal. 

Today I logged in to see that I was charged an extra $61 for the line I never had that hasn't been used. 

I can't get in touch with anyone via Twitter or scheduling a callback. 

Please help!

icon

Best answer by Dennis 14 July 2020, 01:13

What do you mean?  What happened when you scheduled a call back?

If you sent Koodo a private message via twitter you just need to be patient.  it is 7PM eastern so they may not get to you in the queue until tomorrow.

Likely the bill was generated prior to the cancellation.  If you did pay the full amount, it will be credited back on your next bill.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What do you mean?  What happened when you scheduled a call back?

If you sent Koodo a private message via twitter you just need to be patient.  it is 7PM eastern so they may not get to you in the queue until tomorrow.

Likely the bill was generated prior to the cancellation.  If you did pay the full amount, it will be credited back on your next bill.

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the response, the callback came through. It looks like the volume of calls have gone up and staff levels down during the current situation. 

Normally a callback happens within 15 mins but it was over 2 hours before I received a callback today. On the first three attempts the Koodo Assistant told me that all the slots were full and I needed to try again later. 

Speaking with an agent who is explaining to me and trying to sort it so the charge isn't reflected on the bill by the end of the month when my auto pay comes out. 

Hopefully it can be done.

Edit: Done; I got a rep that was very helpful and managed to sort the billing issue. That's a relief. :-)