Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I set up per-authorized debit card payment, however,I paid bill through online banking, what will happen next?

I set up a pre-authorized debit card payment, However, I have already paid the bill for this month by transferring money from my online banking account. My due date is still further, I want to know whether koodo will charge me again when the due date because of the pre-authorized payment?
icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 21 July 2013, 04:06

Depends on how long before the due date you made the payment. Pre-auth banking payment requests get sent to the bank up to a week prior, to be processed on the due date. If the manual payment has not processed before the request is sent to the bank you may be double charged. Pre-auth payments go through almost immediately, so as long as the manual payment posts before the due date there should be no problem.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Depends on how long before the due date you made the payment. Pre-auth banking payment requests get sent to the bank up to a week prior, to be processed on the due date. If the manual payment has not processed before the request is sent to the bank you may be double charged. Pre-auth payments go through almost immediately, so as long as the manual payment posts before the due date there should be no problem.