Koodo Community

I payed off the bill for my iphone, now I owe more money?

I decided to pay off the bill for my phone itself so that my monthly charges would be lower. But now my bill is telling me I owe $500 saying it’s my tab - lump sum? Not sure what’s going on here. Can anyone tell me if this has happened to them and what to do? I’ve payed off my iPhone bill before in other companies with no problems and this lowered my monthly phone bill. 

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m confused as to what you’re asking. If you opted to pay off your tab all at once, wouldn’t that explain the (one time) much higher phone bill? Or am I misunderstanding what you’re asking?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I decided to pay off the bill for my phone itself so that my monthly charges would be lower. But now my bill is telling me I owe $500 saying it’s my tab - lump sum? Not sure what’s going on here. Can anyone tell me if this has happened to them and what to do? I’ve payed off my iPhone bill before in other companies with no problems and this lowered my monthly phone bill. 

Can you show us a screenshot of your bill? Make sure to remove any personal information, as this is a public forum. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You also have tab bonus charges likely on top of whatever the tab balance was left. If you screencap the bill with personal info blocked out, we're certainly able to confirm it for you but I'm pretty sure that's what it I'd.

Sorry for the bad explanation.

for the bill for my phone itself it said something like owing $500 just for the phone. So I payed that off. I’ve done this many times before in other phone companies and all I have to pay for every month then is the GB. So to my surprise there was this $425 added to my bill that’s due at the end of the month. 

These are my add ons 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sorry for the bad explanation.

for the bill for my phone itself it said something like owing $500 just for the phone. So I payed that off. I’ve done this many times before in other phone companies and all I have to pay for every month then is the GB. So to my surprise there was this $425 added to my bill that’s due at the end of the month. 

You had $425 left owing on your phone. When you click the button to pay that off it applies that amount to your next bill which is what you're seeing there.

This is hard to do on this website. 

I used to have a link that I could choose to see how much of my phone was still owing, the part owing for the physical phone. 

when I clicked that link it would take me to a page that said you owe ‘this much’ to pay your physical phone off. 

When I click that link to show how much I owe it says $0 for my physical phones bill. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can check tab history through your self serve too.

Then it's showing how much tab balance left and tab bonus left 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you click tab history?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When I click that link to show how much I owe it says $0 for my physical phones bill. 

It shows $0 now because you chose to pay the Tab Balance on your bill.

I'm confused though cause you said here:

I decided to pay off the bill for my phone itself so that my monthly charges would be lower. 

That you decided to pay off the phone. Did you not want to pay off your phone?

I’ve lumped all of the photos together for everyone to see easier 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So, your remaining tab balance was $425.

Now your bill is including $425 tab pay off plus your monthly service.

Once this is done, your next bill is just for your service.

I’m confused why I’m owing Koodo now $510 

But I payed that already so why do I have to pay it again?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok. Do you remember whenn you paid that amount?

Also, have you received June Bill?

Add:. You decided to pay off after your bill date ( your bill date is 28th of the month).

That's why May bill is showing $425 still.

You should received your EBill by now. Can you check it?

My Ebill matches the bill total on the website

Thanks for your help everyone. I’m just on the phone with a rep now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When did you pay it? When you click the button it gets applied to your bill. You did this April 30th. Your bill shows that it's from April 29th - May 28th.

That all seems like it lines up?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You have not paid the amount yet, It is on your current bill for your usage from April 29 to May 28. The lump-sum payment was taken out on April 30 and added on to the bill. Everything seems to be correct. 

Now, if you paid it immediately and it is showing up on the bill again, there is a problem and you need to speak to a Koodo rep. Hopefully they can help you out with that.