Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I paid off my tab and do not want to contribute to a new Tab. How can I stop this?

I paid off my last tab and wanted my phone bill to go back to the original amount without Tab contribution but Koodo will not let me do this online. Please advise on how I can make this change.

22 replies

Userlevel 3
The second you pay off your tab, if you had a tab charge it will be removed. Koodo will continue to contribute 15% of your monthly plan and you will build a positive balance towards a new phone. If you do not want to build a positive tab, you have the option to switch to the new plans which already have a discount on them
Kelvin wrote:

The second you pay off your tab, if you had a tab charge it will be removed. Koodo will continue ...

Want to keep old plan.Paid total cost of iphone6splus at TELUS outlet and they added phone to my zero tab balance Tab but do not want to have Tab as not buying another phone. Tab credit is over $100 and want that money
Kelvin wrote:

The second you pay off your tab, if you had a tab charge it will be removed. Koodo will continue ...

I am in the same boat, I have -7.95 left and I still see my tab charge at the moment, I will wait for next billing to check the billing out. 
Userlevel 6
Kelvin wrote:

@jasperguy: better to start a new thread than to revive an old one.
What do you mean switch to new plans? I like my current one, I just don't want to contribute to building a positive tab?
Userlevel 6
Lianna wrote:

What do you mean switch to new plans? I like my current one, I just don't want to contribute to b...

Hi Lianna, unless you switch to a new plan, we'll keep on contributing to your positive Tab. This is not an extra charge, Koodo is simply adding 15% of your monthly plan to your Tab. You'll then be able to use it to help yo get a new phone! Thank you!
Lianna wrote:

What do you mean switch to new plans? I like my current one, I just don't want to contribute to b...

Ok. But I am currently paying an extra $5 a month as well and my tab balance is positive. How do I stop paying that extra $5?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lianna wrote:

If your tab balance reached at $0 , they will stop charge your $5 tab fee. Check page 3 of your Ebill, you might see partial charge of tab fee...?(not whole $5 to reach $0)
Lianna wrote:

I bought iPhone 6sPlus paid in full at TELUS store. Put phone on my KOODO plan and did not want/need tab but see over $100 credit on tab. What can I do with Tab $$ do not intend to but New phone
Koodo no longer values its old time customers and chooses to no longer support the tab arrangement prior to April 19. Koodo will no longer contribute to the older tabs once they reach 0$ or give 10 % off for a 0$ tab for customers prior to that date with the old tab arrangement.. . http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/10-no-tab-discount-with-the-old-tab-system http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/10-discount-on-old-promotional-plan
Userlevel 6
happy wrote:

Koodo no longer values its old time customers and chooses to no longer support the tab arrangemen...

Hi there, once it reaches $0 -if you are under the old Tab system- we'll keep on contributing to the positive Tab. The %10 No-Tab discount is the one that doesn't exist anymore. Thank you!
happy wrote:

Koodo no longer values its old time customers and chooses to no longer support the tab arrangemen...

You are incorrect!!! The previous Tab rule that 10% of the bill accumulated as a positive Tab balance once the Tab balance reached zero, will no longer apply. Without my consent Koodo is changing my old tab to the new tab rules. The new Tab doesn’t allow for a positive Tab balance. This below is copied from the last page of previous last bill. They buried it on page 8. On June 1, 2015, we’re dropping your outstanding Tab balance to $0. At this time you’ll be able to choose from our new line-up of plans launching April 19,2015 and can upgrade to a new Samsung for $0. On June 1, 2015, your monthly rate plan will change to new Tab rules. The new Tab doesn’t allow for a positive Tab balance. The previous Tab rule that 10% of your bill accumulated as a positive Tab balance once your Tab balance reached zero, will no longer apply. If you do not agree with this change, you will beable to cancel your service without penalty within 30 days of the change. Otherwise, your service will continue as amended, with all other terms remaining unchanged.
Userlevel 6
happy wrote:

I understand what you mean now. Whenever there is a change of policy, we must inform our customers at least 30 days in advance about the change. Since you receive this information on your bill, you are now informed and can take a decision accordingly. This change of policy seems related to the fact that all phone subsidized must be paid off in 24 months, reason why we are dropping your Tab. Thank you.
happy wrote:

As of April 19 there was only - $4 left on my tab. As of this month my tab balance has reached 0$ on its own with in 24 months. So then as you have said it will be contributed to the positive. Why is this not the case?
happy wrote:

I have paid off my tab, can I not simply get my bill reduced by the previous tab amount of $5.00
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
happy wrote:

If you are on the Tab M and your tab reached $0, then you don't need to pay $5 /mo tab charge any more
happy wrote:

I am on Tab S if that makes a difference
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
happy wrote:

Oh, I thought " tab amount of $5.00" meant the tab charge.
Koodo no longer offer 10% discount, so there won't be reduce for your bill. 
happy wrote:

When I brought in my contract they reduced my bill by $ 5.00 a month. Worth complaining about
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
happy wrote:

They changed their Tab system. If you have "BYOD" discount, you can keep it until you upgrade your phone. If you don't have it now, then you won't get it.
happy wrote:

I have 2 phone. One is paid off and the tab keeps adding up. If my son is now buying his own phone and plan, can the $35 over be put towards my tab?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
happy wrote:

Tab is not transferable.

The other line with Tab > Is it your son's line?  If so, it need to be pay off first and get a new phone with a new Tab.

Who's line/phone is paid off? (and have positive tab?) 
If you have a positive Tab under this account you can use it towards a new phone.
Then give a phone to your son. Your line/account will have negative Tab again and you(this line) will pay Tab fee to pay it off.

Koodo doesn't contribute Tab anymore.

If I missunderstood your question, then can you please use this link to start a new post.
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/new