Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I need to cancel my phone plan with a tab. How long does it take?

Want to cancel my with a tab

16 replies

Userlevel 2
Cancelation requests get processed right away & take affect at the end of your billing cycle. Your negative tab balance(if you have one) will be put on your final bill.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there Victor... Any reason why you are cancelling? is there something that Koodo can do to help you out?
Since these replies are 3 years old, I want to check the current situation.

I plan to cancel my service at the end of the billing cycle. Do I need to give any advance notice?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No, they don't need 30 days notice thing.
You call customer service and tell them you want to cancel your service.
Your cancellation date will be set to the end of your billing cycle and your service will be end at that time.
Then, they will send you a final bill includes remaining tab balance and overage charges if any.

You can access your self service for 90 days after you canceled  your service so you can check your states there. 

If you want to port/transfer your number, you have to do it before you cancel your service since they  need an active account to port in your number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

You call customer service and tell them you want to can...

That doesn't sound right, the cancellation date being set to end of billing cycle. "Your service provider must cancel your wireless service as soon as it receives your notice of cancellation (unless you request a later cancellation date). This requirement also applies to home telephone service." http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/television/services/serv.htm
Userlevel 6
Mayumi wrote:

You call customer service and tell them you want to can...

Hey!  Just to clarify, we do offer to cancel at the end of a billing cycle to avoid any prorated charges ...but if a customer wants it cancelled immediately we will cancel the service then.
Thanks for the quick reply. Appreciated 🙂
Hi ,
why you charge for customer service ? it is the right for each customer to access the customer service for free , I have to cancel my plan and I dont know why I shoud pay for that , and also you should choose the right sales representative who knows about all your product . I got this plan just 5days ago and I want to cancel it now I am so disappointed .
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tara Bordbar wrote:

Hi ,
why you charge for customer service ? it is the right for each customer to access the custo...

They will not charge you for cancelation call. They only charge you if you ask them to change something that can be done through self serve. What sales rep did or did not to sell you a product?
Tara Bordbar wrote:

Hi ,
why you charge for customer service ? it is the right for each customer to access the custo...

I asked him prepaid plan but he sold me postpaid plan and i see in my bill that I charged more because they made an adjustment , also he didnt mention that the line has Data and I will be charged for that .BTW if I want to cancel service do they give me  unused portion of service back or not? if I want to change it to unlimited call do you charge me $40 above this bill or just difference ($15)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tara Bordbar wrote:

Hi ,

Are you saying that you knowingly accepted postpaid, and not that the rep gave you postpaid when you asked for prepaid? If you cancel service, it gets prorated, and you will be charged only for the days of the billing cycle that you used. The same goes for changing the plan. In other words, just the difference as you said.
Tara Bordbar wrote:

Hi ,

no I didnt know about it , I thought it is prepaid and was wondering why he didnt charge me , anyways thanks for your quick response , appreciate it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tara Bordbar wrote:

Hi ,

So the salesperson never told you that you're getting postpaid or asked if you wanted it instead type deal? And you explicitly said prepaid? That's absolutely wrong if that's the case and if you recall the employees name, I would do as what happened in this topic:
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/i-think-i-got-a-post-paid-not-pre-paid-di6v0k8wkfqrb

Tara Bordbar wrote:

Hi ,

no he didn't tell me anything and I told him that my mom just stay 2months here and I need pre paid plan , I got prepaid line from another company before and they charged me right away,  but when I asked Your clerk did you charge my credit card he said no , and I was wondering why .I went to them yesterday he was not there but they said we cant do anything, you have to call customer service .
Tara Bordbar wrote:

Hi ,

can i cancel my line from koodo self-serve, or I have to call the worst customer service again?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tara Bordbar wrote:

Hi ,

@Samah: you have to call in, unfortunately.

Another way is to port to another carrier of your choice.