Koodo Community
Solved

I need statements for last 3 years

I am a person with a hearing disability. There is no e-mail to contact Koodo. I need my statements for the last 3 years. I can only access 18 months. This is one of the reasons why I am thinking of switching to Bell or Rogers.

icon

Best answer by Sophia 24 February 2021, 05:39

Koodo is mostly a self serve brand. You can download your statements each month, as you said up to 18 months back in time.

If you need older statements, then Facebook or Twitter private messenger are the best options to reach them.

For a premium touch you're indeed better off with a premium provider such as Telus, Bell or Rogers. You pay more, but you get more too.

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can send Koodo a private message via facebook or twitter.

I must be stupid to pay someone that I can't even reach. How come in today's world you want to make money and not provide your customers a way to reach you. I will just take my business to someone I can in touch with.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo is mostly a self serve brand. You can download your statements each month, as you said up to 18 months back in time.

If you need older statements, then Facebook or Twitter private messenger are the best options to reach them.

For a premium touch you're indeed better off with a premium provider such as Telus, Bell or Rogers. You pay more, but you get more too.

Why can't I reach them with a regular e-mail instead of Facebook or Twitter?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I know right, it's crazy. I really hope Koodo will allow customers to contact them in more ways than just social media. I'm sorry that voice chat isn't easy for you, otherwise you could schedule a call back.

You could create a dummy account on Facebook, you can just make up a phoney name. As long as you know your account information, a rep will be able to assist.

I don't want to get on Facebook. They have enough people on it already. I decided a decade ago to slow down and stand on the sidewalk and let the world do a couple rounds before I jump back on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Why can't I reach them with a regular e-mail instead of Facebook or Twitter?

Because anyone can send an email and claim to be you. 

The facebook and Twitter platform has the feature to confirm your account within the private message function.

I don't want to get on Facebook. They have enough people on it already. I decided a decade ago to slow down and stand on the sidewalk and let the world do a couple rounds before I jump back on.

So you can be right or your can have your issue resolved. Clearly a phone call will not work due to your hearing disability. If you want to contact koodo your only options will be to send a private message via fa ebook or Twitter. You an create a dummy account with either platform and delete it afterwards. You don't even have to use your real name as koodo will confirm your account ownership within the chat function as I said above. 

Hi Dennis

You are dead wrong. The regular e-mail is much more secure than the Facebook or Twitter private messages. As a person with a hearing disability since age 14 and now in his 60s, I use the internet extensively. As a mainframe programmer in the 90s and later a software developer until a decade ago, both e-mail and later text messages are a necessity to me. Facebook is not. I will just get those statements somehow and transfer my account to a different service provider. As far as I am concerned, it is no brainer. If BMO (money) is fine with e-mail, I don't know why Koodo (no-money) is not. All I would have asked is to briefly make those statements available online long enough for me to download. We are not exchanging a password for an offshore bank account with billions of dollars here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Dennis

You are dead wrong. The regular e-mail is much more secure than the Facebook or Twitter private messages. As a person with a hearing disability since age 14 and now in his 60s, I use the internet extensively. As a mainframe programmer in the 90s and later a software developer until a decade ago, both e-mail and later text messages are a necessity to me. Facebook is not. I will just get those statements somehow and transfer my account to a different service provider. As far as I am concerned, it is no brainer. If BMO (money) is fine with e-mail, I don't know why Koodo (no-money) is not. All I would have asked is to briefly make those statements available online long enough for me to download. We are not exchanging a password for an offshore bank account with billions of dollars here.

Ok.

Please send koodo an email. Keep us posted with how they respond. 

http://corporate-office-headquarters-ca.com/koodo-mobile/

I have nothing against Koodo. I just shop where I feel comfortable. If I cannot ask them anything in a way convenient for me, I am not going to try and force them to do my way. I will just go find a place where I can get what I want and that is to be able to ask a question once in a while. I have been with them over 5 years and I rarely needed to ask them anything. I need to be able when I do. Else I am moving. Simple enough.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Like what Sophia said above, a premium provider like Bell, Rogers or Telus maybe be a better fit for your needs. 

Since you are "not going to try and force [koodo] to do it [your] way" , Does this mean you will give up on copies of bills beyond the 18 months? 

No. In the message before the last one, I said I will get the statements somehow and then move on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No. In the message before the last one, I said I will get the statements somehow and then move on.

Best of luck with that. Oh, and if you do get in touch with them via email they won't be able to “just make the statements available until you can download them". They can, however, mail you physical copies of older bills. The going rate is $5 per copy.