Koodo Community
Solved

I'm on Pre-authozied payment for a year, now i get Late fees ? am i getting charge doubles ?

• 21 August 2020
  • 8 replies

So i have changed my plans just couple months ago, to $35 , then next month got charged about $40ish, and now this month got charge with $80ish, even though i’m still on pre-authorized credit card payment, now i got charged with late fees as well ? …

I cant really goto the store since covid-19 has made me changed my work hours, by the time i’m off work , koodos off work as well..

any idea what i could do ? 

Thanks in advance

Alan

icon

Best answer by Allan M 21 August 2020, 04:33

Is your pre-authorized payment still good? Credit card didn't expire? Something like that? Are you still getting payments deducted when you look there?

Yes, my credit card is always good ~ i wonder whats that “ Payment Reversal Aug 05$39.55 “

is… thanks for the reply

Yea the payment reversal means they tried to get the money but then for whatever reason couldn’t and therefore they reversed the payment. Try updating, if it doesn’t work either talk to koodo or contact your bank/cc company to see why it is getting reversed.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you checked self serve and downloaded your invoices? Page 3 and onwards would give you the details of why the charge is different from month to month...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is your pre-authorized payment still good? Credit card didn't expire? Something like that? Are you still getting payments deducted when you look there?

Thank sophia,

so i have on page 3

Amount due on your last bill (Jul 17)$39.55Payment received Aug 04 - Thankyou-$39.55

Payment Reversal Aug 05$39.55

Balance forward from your last bill ...........................................$39.55O

ther charges and creditsLate

Payment Charge$1.19Total other charges and credits .................................................$1 .19

page 4

Monthly and other charges (Aug 18 to Sep 17) $35 Unltd Min Plan$35.005pm Evenings & WeekendsPay Per Use DataUnlimited SMS and MMSTotal monthly and other charges ..............................................................$35.00Add-ons (Aug 18 to Sep 17) $8/day US Easy RoamFree$12/day Easy Roam INTLFreeTotal add-ons .............................................................................................$0.00Usage charges Free airtime refers to non-chargeable minutes that are not part of your included minutes,and may include bonus minutes, evening and weekend calling, *611 calls. etc.Text Msg - Received$0.00Total used 15 (Msg)Text Msg - Sent$0.00Total used 12 (Msg)Data Usage$0.00Total used 0.141 (MB)Local Airtime - Phone (minutes)$0.00Free 8:00 (MIN)Total used 8:00 (MIN)Total usage charges ...................................................................................$0.00Total before taxes......................................................................................$35.00HST-ON$4.55Total for 905 621-8245, with taxes............................................................$39. 55

do you see anything that stand out ?

my card is always good, i wonder if i’m actually paying twice ? or is the pre-auth is not working ?

Thanks again

Yes, my credit card is always good ~ i wonder whats that “ Payment Reversal Aug 05$39.55 “

is… thanks for the reply

Wonder if i should just update my credit card info again and see….

ok, so i updated it, pay the $80ish amount manually, we’ll see what happens if the autopay is actually working…..

Thank you guys for the help.

Best Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would also manually pay. Then pay attention if it doesn't auto pay next time. Then I'd send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to get it sorted out

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

is… thanks for the reply

Yea the payment reversal means they tried to get the money but then for whatever reason couldn’t and therefore they reversed the payment. Try updating, if it doesn’t work either talk to koodo or contact your bank/cc company to see why it is getting reversed.