Koodo Community
Question

I'm a new customer: 10% BYOD discount not active yet

Hi, I switched to Koodo on 28 May, bringing three phones over. Two of them are on the $39 plan and one of them is on the $29 plan. This adds up to $107 per month. As of the June cycle, and the July cycle which I've received today, I still get charged $107. Did they forget to apply the BYOD discount? Anyone know what's up?

18 replies

Userlevel 6
Where did you buy the phone? At a retailer or a koodo store?
Does it matter, I brought them over to Koodo? 🙂 All three phones came from a retailer in Europe.
Userlevel 6
Does it matter, I brought them over to Koodo? 🙂 All three phones came from a retailer in Europe.Shouldn't matter, but there are a number of mentions here where people bought their phone from a retailer (future shop best buy etc. ) and they didn't add the discount. Now, if you say, you "brought them over" where did you activate. Called in? Wherever that happened is when the discount should have been added.
Does it matter, I brought them over to Koodo? 🙂 All three phones came from a retailer in Europe.Oh, I understand! Yes, at Future Shop!
Userlevel 7
Does it matter, I brought them over to Koodo? 🙂 All three phones came from a retailer in Europe.They probably didn't add the BYOD discount. If you log into self-serve, you should be the BYOD discount listed as an add-on actually. If you don't, it wasn't added properly and you should call Koodo at *611 from any one of your Koodo phones.
Userlevel 5
Does it matter, I brought them over to Koodo? 🙂 All three phones came from a retailer in Europe.You probably got the 10% tab credit instead. Self serve > enabling BYOD instead of tab credit should fix the issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Does it matter, I brought them over to Koodo? 🙂 All three phones came from a retailer in Europe.I thought you have to call Koodo to get BYOD discount...
Userlevel 6
Does it matter, I brought them over to Koodo? 🙂 All three phones came from a retailer in Europe.Yeah, future shop,best buy seems to be notorious about missing this. Someone suggested that maybe their is an issue with their systems. @Mayumi you don't have to call koodo. It's added at time of activation/upgrades or as John put via koodo's website. Correction: Maybe something changed, I can't seem to find the 10% discount on their self-serve site to be added or to be taken off.
Userlevel 6
Does it matter, I brought them over to Koodo? 🙂 All three phones came from a retailer in Europe.Hi there, the discount can not be added via Self Serve 😉 Thank you!
I can't find it on self-serve, perhaps you're right. But in case it is there, has anyone seen it recently and can point me to it? I called Koodo, they said that Future Shop didn't forget and that it would be applied 4-6 weeks from activation (end of May), so I'll be able to see it on my next bill even though I'm into my seventh week with Koodo. They said that unfortunately I won't be able to reclaim the 10% BYOD from the previous two months I missed because it's 'standard' for this 4-6 week BYOD activation to take place. I'm having trouble believing this, can anyone confirm that this 4-6 week thing isn't rubbish? It's kind of weird how Future Shop can see with their own eyes that I brought with me three devices that I own and yet will take 4-6 weeks to verify this claim!
Userlevel 6
I can't find it on self-serve, perhaps you're right. But in case it is there, has anyone seen it ...Hi Bryan, the BYOD discount can be applied right away. I suggest that you send us an email and we'll have a look at your account (we can't from here). You can use this link: http://koo.do/YqucV0 (select Social Media). Thank you and welcome to Koodo Mobile!
I can't find it on self-serve, perhaps you're right. But in case it is there, has anyone seen it ...Hi. I sent the e-mail immediately after you posted but still haven't received a response back. Could you check for it, please?
Userlevel 6
I can't find it on self-serve, perhaps you're right. But in case it is there, has anyone seen it ...Hi Bryan, we sent you an email. Can you check if you received it? Thank you!
I can't find it on self-serve, perhaps you're right. But in case it is there, has anyone seen it ...Yes, I've read it! Thank you! Did you also change my plan from $39 to $39 + 10% off discount?
Userlevel 6
I can't find it on self-serve, perhaps you're right. But in case it is there, has anyone seen it ...Hi Bryan, the plans don't change. We simply add a discount on the account that covers plans & add-ons. Thank you!
Userlevel 6
It's rubbish! I personally know people who got their 10% discount at the time of activation. Mind you they bough their phones at The Mobile Shop, maybe those guys are just better than future shop and know what they are doing.
Userlevel 5
It's rubbish! I personally know people who got their 10% discount at the time of activation. Mind...There has been a lot of more praise for The Mobile Shop and a bit less praise and more frustration with Future Shop....