Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have unlimited evenings and weekends (5pm). Why do I have an 'airtime' charge of $23.50 for a 47 minute call after 5pm?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What does it say in your detailed pdf ebill?  Was it an airtime charge?  long distance?
Dennis wrote:

What does it say in your detailed pdf ebill?  Was it an airtime charge?  long distance?

Airtime - long distance overage
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Were you calling long distance? To somewhere outside canada?

When calling long distance it uses regular talk minutes and long distance minutes.  It sees as though the regular talk time minutes were not used here (since it is unlimited at this point) but the long distance minutes were charged.

Were you in Canada at the time?  What country were you calling?  Do you have a long distance add-on?  If so which add-on?
Dennis wrote:

The call was from within Canada to within Canada but was long distance. I've got a Canada-wide plan with 500 anytime minutes. There were long distance calls that I made before five later in the billing cycle that weren't charged, so I'm quite confused by this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

What was the area code of the number that you were charged for?
Dennis wrote:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Could you take a screenshot of page 3 of your ebill, excluding any personal information, that shows the charges mentioned?
Dennis wrote:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Darren - I see that you made a rate plan change last month and that may have tripped up the way long distance should (or rather should'nt) be charged on your plan. If you shoot us a private message on Facebook, an agent will verify you as the account owner and help look into this.
Dennis wrote:

Thanks gentlemen. I've sent a message through facebook.