Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have unlimited Canada wide calling . When I try and make a call it tells me long distance charges may apply

I have the $55 dollar plan with unlimited Canada wide and I tried to make a call today and I got a recording saying long distance charges may apply . I had to switch carriers from Fido Due to them not having a tower wherein have moved to ... I chose this plan so I could keep in touch with my friends and family .. I don't need long distance charges if I am paying for unlimited

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It gives that message automatically anytime you dial a number without the 1 prefix regardless of what plan you have.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

It gives that message automatically anytime you dial a number without the 1 prefix regardless of ...

"dial a number outside your local calling area without the 1 prefix"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You won't be.

The phone system does not differentiate between those users with local calling only and Canada-wide; it notifies you if you are calling out of your local calling area.  The BILLING system on the other hand does differentiate between those users, only adding long distance charges to those without a Canada-wide plan.