Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have my son and my daughter in law on my account. Now they want to open their own account with Koodo. What to do?

how to cancel two of three phones from my account and how can they open their own account

5 replies

Userlevel 2
If they are of age(18/19, depending on province), you can do a Transfer of Ownership into their name. A credit check is done over the phone with 2 of the following 3 id(drivers, sin, credit card). If they pass the credit check, then the line will be transferred into their name, & a $25 fee is applied to the new account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

If they are of age(18/19, depending on province), you can do a Transfer of Ownership into their n...

Can't they just close the account and open a new one so they waive the 25$ fee?
Userlevel 3
Myke wrote:

If they are of age(18/19, depending on province), you can do a Transfer of Ownership into their n...

I'm wondering if the $25 is worth it if they have a good plan that isn't offered anymore. I'm assuming they can keep their existing plan. If they close their account and open a new one they will likely lose their phone number. Porting out and back would probably solve this but may cost more than $25. If they want to have a current plan and don't care about their phone number then cancelling and starting up again may be the best option. Just have to pay off the tab - does the tab transfer with the ownership or does it have to be paid out?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

I believe if you transfer the ownership, the negative tab also transfer to the new account.
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

Correct.