Koodo Community
Solved

I have booked 2 callbacks and not received any.

• 19 January 2021
  • 10 replies

I need to talk to a rep about my bill… they have charged me $120 for airtime overages.  Why would they not have warned me about this…  I can pay $2 a month to avoid paying $120.  This is evil!   

icon

Best answer by Ranjan Koodo 19 January 2021, 19:05

@Ron C 2021 There’s a few different things at play here, so let’s see how we can assist.

1. Not getting the callback - based on how you described the situation, my first guess is that you may have Koodo’s phone number blocked on your device. Are you able to check your phone/call settings and see if you any phone numbers blocked from reaching you? If you do, and there’s a 1-866 number in there, that may explain why we weren’t able to reach you. Let us know if that’s the case
  2. I see that you did add the $2 unlimited calling add-on to your line, but since it was only added on Sunday, it won’t help the overages you incurred last month - but it will prevent any airtime usage moving forward
  3. If you’d like to change to one of our current in-market plans and are having a hard time via Self Serve, shoot us a private message on Facebook. One of our reps will be able to authenticate you and go over available options. One of the reasons you’re running into issues with doing so yourself online may be that some plans require a phone upgrade, and you’re unable to simply switch to promotional plans without being a new customer or upgrading to a new phone on Tab, but there are other options if that’s not something you’re interested in doing, so a rep can help go over those and help with your decision.

Let us know if that helps. 

View original

10 replies

Badge +4

I think you’re referring to a data block, which is now $3/month and prevents apps from using mobile data in the background when sending MMS/picture messages. If you’re not able to get anywhere with callbacks, try sending a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or a direct message via Twitter. 

https://www.facebook.com/Koodo or https://twitter.com/koodo

Nope… I  am referring to talk airtime, you can see the image below where I have added unlimited airtime for $2.   I will try your suggestions about contacting them… I do not think it should be this hard though. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

CRTC didn’t require carriers to have restriction on minutes overage. Only data overage has a limit of $50 before asking customer consent. https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/limit.htm

The $2 option was something new from Koodo for issue with overage during the pandemic. I wish they could broadcast it to all customers but I guess it might be little late in your case.

Anyway, I would suggest you follow Rikkster suggestion and chat with a rep. hopefully someone will help you over there.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You should change your plan. For 60 dollars you can now get unlimited minutes and 8gb data or for 45 you can get 4gb and unlimited minutes. Either way you save money and get more.

Thanks Goran I will look into that. 

I just checked the Self Serve section online and I cannot see a plan with 8gb.  The highest was 2gb for $45.  I also checked the addons and there was no addon data offered.  If you are already paying them $60 maybe they do not show you a better plan for less dollars. 

I tried using the Shop button and I can see the $60 10gb promotional plan, I can get it into my cart but they want to send me a new Sim card, which I do not think I need as I am an existing client with an active phone.  I just want to change my existing plan.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Ron C 2021 There’s a few different things at play here, so let’s see how we can assist.

1. Not getting the callback - based on how you described the situation, my first guess is that you may have Koodo’s phone number blocked on your device. Are you able to check your phone/call settings and see if you any phone numbers blocked from reaching you? If you do, and there’s a 1-866 number in there, that may explain why we weren’t able to reach you. Let us know if that’s the case
  2. I see that you did add the $2 unlimited calling add-on to your line, but since it was only added on Sunday, it won’t help the overages you incurred last month - but it will prevent any airtime usage moving forward
  3. If you’d like to change to one of our current in-market plans and are having a hard time via Self Serve, shoot us a private message on Facebook. One of our reps will be able to authenticate you and go over available options. One of the reasons you’re running into issues with doing so yourself online may be that some plans require a phone upgrade, and you’re unable to simply switch to promotional plans without being a new customer or upgrading to a new phone on Tab, but there are other options if that’s not something you’re interested in doing, so a rep can help go over those and help with your decision.

Let us know if that helps. 

My phone was set to block unknown numbers….maybe that is the issue.  I will try for a callback again.  Thanks for responding.