Koodo Community
Solved

I cannot use the Koodo Sim with the phone number (***) ***-**** please advise how to continue to use

• 14 November 2020
  • 9 replies

I cannot use the Koodo Sim with the phone number (***) ***-****  please advise how to continue to use.

How much I need to top up now? And how much per month?

Can I top up by using credit card but Not setting auto pay?

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 14 November 2020, 23:43

Can you restart your phone and see what happens?

Can you login to your self serve?   What is your account status says?  

If it's still active, then you don't have to too up yet.  If it was already expired, then you can just go "Top up" > choose credit card or visa debit > enter info and click "top up"

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sorry what happened? You're prepaid then? Did you have service before? If it's the end of your billing cycle then yes you will need top up by the same amount as what your plan costs. Yes you can top up with a credit card.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When was the last time it was active.  If it more than 90days of inactivity, then your SIM is expired.   In that case, you need to get a new SIM and activate it. 

Thanks @Goran  ! Please find my answer here: What happened?  → Because I am in remove area so I cannot go out to prepay from the first time. Did you have service before?  → Yes I have services before.  If it's the end of your billing cycle then yes you will need top up by the same amount as what your plan costs → My plan cost is 46$ per month. You can top up with a credit card → I have no a credit yet, so may my friend top up for me in one store in among these address: https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-vouchers

May you advice how to top up? My friend will top up directly for me in the store or it will have a top up code and I need to do something in my phone to top up. Sorry this is the first time I come to Canada so many new things for me. Thank for your help.

Thanks @Mayumi  Please find my answer as below:

- When was the last time it was active → Just 1-2 week ago
- I try to top up now, but I have no credit card and difficult to come to the store. I am seeking the support from my friend to top up for me but I don’t know how. I just came Canada and everything seems new :) Thank for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you restart your phone and see what happens?

Can you login to your self serve?   What is your account status says?  

If it's still active, then you don't have to too up yet.  If it was already expired, then you can just go "Top up" > choose credit card or visa debit > enter info and click "top up"

@Mayumi  perhaps I will seek support from my friend to top up at the store.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mayumi  perhaps I will seek support from my friend to top up at the store.

Thank you

Can you log into self serve?

there are stores you can get top up voucher too. Once you bought it, then add the funds to your account. Then continue to use your phone/account 

https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-vouchers

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/topping-your-prepaid-account

Here are the 2 ways to top up.

In self serve or at a store that sells topup vouchers.

@Mayumi @Goran do you know if prepaid can topup with a credit card over the phone (611)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mayumi @Goran do you know if prepaid can topup with a credit card over the phone (611)?

To be honest, I never used 611 to top up since my auto top up was always working. And even after removed auto top up, I could always top up through self serve.

You can buy boosters through 611. So I believe you can top up with a CC through 611.    

But OP said her friend will help her top up. Also if the CC info is not registered, then it might not go through...