Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I am going abroad for 3 months, and will not be using my phone. Can I suspend service?

icon

Best answer by Curtules 27 July 2014, 16:08

You sure can. If you call Koodo you can put your phone on what's called a "Seasonal Hold" for a maximum of six months. That way you can keep your account active at only $15 a month so when you get back to Canada you can reactivate your line with the same number. However, the Seasonal Hold is a plan in and of itself. So applying this hold results in a plan change and if you're on a grandfathered plan (an expired plan that you got while it was in-market) you can't get it back.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
You sure can. If you call Koodo you can put your phone on what's called a "Seasonal Hold" for a maximum of six months. That way you can keep your account active at only $15 a month so when you get back to Canada you can reactivate your line with the same number. However, the Seasonal Hold is a plan in and of itself. So applying this hold results in a plan change and if you're on a grandfathered plan (an expired plan that you got while it was in-market) you can't get it back.