Koodo Community

How to get refund when I am outside of Canada

• 25 February 2021
  • 5 replies

I cancelled my account at January and I found that I need to get $40 back from Koodo.

I tried to change the billing address but it doesn’t allow to change the address outside of Canada, and I have no way to have a chat with assistants, the chat bots just say to leave number but I do not have any Canadian numbers. In this case how do I get the remaining balance back? 

I need to close my bank account before March.

Thank you communities

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo will refund any credit on the account to the Canadian address in the account via cheque.

It also takes about 8 weeks to process this payment.

I would send a private message to Koodo vis Facebook or Twitter to see what options are available. Likely a friend or family will need to intercept the cheque and deposit it for you. 

What if no one can take it? Is there no way to get refund through bank? Cause many of my friends went back to their country or moved to another states to get a job. Also I see Ive did preauthorized debit payment, is this also refunded by cheque?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What if no one can take it? Is there no way to get refund through bank? Cause many of my friends went back to their country or moved to another states to get a job. Also I see Ive did preauthorized debit payment, is this also refunded by cheque?

Thanks

When you cancelled your account, did you mentioned to a rep that you will move out of country?  Did you discuss any refund or charges may apply to your account after the cancellation?

Userlevel 6

Thanks

Hi there! We’d be happy to help you out with the refund, however, we need a few details. When you get the chance send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter. 

Thanks

When you cancelled your account, did you mentioned to a rep that you will move out of country?  Did you discuss any refund or charges may apply to your account after the cancellation?

Yes i told to the rep and I was just told to pay the last bill. I made pre authorized debit payment and I paid twice cause the pre authorized payment went through when I paid through credit. Maybe I need to talk through facebook. Thanks for help!