Koodo Community

Community

Solved

how to change expiry date of credit card enrolled in pre-authorized payment plan

Can I not just update my credit card's expiry date online (just received my renewal card), or must I submit the new credit card as though it's an entirely new card?

12 replies

Userlevel 1
Login to your self serve and under billing, preauthorized payments you need to resubmit your new card as though it is an entirely new card.
JP wrote:

Login to your self serve and under billing, preauthorized payments you need to resubmit your new ...

Okay, thanks, JP. Too bad can't just change the expiry date.
Userlevel 1
JP wrote:

Login to your self serve and under billing, preauthorized payments you need to resubmit your new ...

You are welcome. The new card will also come with a different 3/4 digit security code (depending on card type) which are different from old card, so It is best to enter it as a new card entirely.
JP wrote:

I understand. In this case, it didn't ask for the security code. I just entered the card number and expiry date.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
JP wrote:

I wonder if it will take a full billing cycle to take effect like when you first entered your credit card for pre-auth billing
JP wrote:

It said it would indeed - or might - take a full billing cycle.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
JP wrote:

Laura, I just confirmed with our Koodo contact, that if the credit card is changed before the billing cycle end date it'll be processed with the new card. So no full billing cycle for it to take effect
JP wrote:

Oh, that's good, Dennis. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
JP wrote:

Oops.... looks like that info might have been wrong. Sorry. Hang with me here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
JP wrote:

Ok so here is the official final result: So, if the change is made 15 days prior to the bill date it should recognize the new card. If the change is not made 15 days prior, the customer will need to make a manual payment. Still best to say that it could take up to a month for the payment card to be registered.
JP wrote:

Thanks for pursuing this, Dennis.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
JP wrote:

no problem!