Koodo Community

Community

Solved

how the bill works, when it needs to be paid and how to pay it

Can someone please explain to me how the billing cycle works and when it needs to be paid this is my first contract phone and I'm a little confused on how and when to pay my first bill my billing cycle is the 6th of each month thanks 🙂
icon

Best answer by Mathieu 1 February 2016, 00:23

Hi Faith,

Welcome to Koodo! Bassically what happens is that on the 6th of each month, your totals will be calculated and restarted. A few days after, you will receive a notification (via SMS) that says your bill is ready. Here is an example of the text message:

You will also see the due date of the payment, in this case it's Feb 19th 2016. Please remember Koodo must receive the payment by that day. Credit card payments are done instantly, whereas bank payments take up to 10 business days. Typically you are given 3 weeks to pay your bill once it is posted. 

Watch this video to find out more about how to pay your bill. The self serve in the video is a little outdated, but most of the information remains the same:

You will also notice on your first bill that it is higher than what you were expecting, but don't worry! It is called proration, you can find out more about it in the following video:

Let me know if you have any more questions!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Faith,

Welcome to Koodo! Bassically what happens is that on the 6th of each month, your totals will be calculated and restarted. A few days after, you will receive a notification (via SMS) that says your bill is ready. Here is an example of the text message:

You will also see the due date of the payment, in this case it's Feb 19th 2016. Please remember Koodo must receive the payment by that day. Credit card payments are done instantly, whereas bank payments take up to 10 business days. Typically you are given 3 weeks to pay your bill once it is posted. 

Watch this video to find out more about how to pay your bill. The self serve in the video is a little outdated, but most of the information remains the same:

You will also notice on your first bill that it is higher than what you were expecting, but don't worry! It is called proration, you can find out more about it in the following video:

Let me know if you have any more questions!