Koodo Community
Solved

How does switiching my plan effect my bill?

• 2 December 2012
  • 1 reply

How exactly does switching a plan work with regards to prorated billing? I switched my plan today and it is saying my next bill will be prorated and that I have negative credits going towards the bill. It is telling me my bill will be approx. $24, how can this be when my rate plan is $30? Aren't prorated bills usually more than the monthly amount? How exactly does this process work?
icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 2 December 2012, 23:08

Let's say you change your plan 15 days into your billing period. You will be refunded half the price of your old plan for the rest of this month and charged half the price of the new plan for the same period. If the new plan is cheaper than the old one, then you've overpaid for the last half of this month and this overpayment will be refunded on your next bill. (note that your minutes will be prorated too, and this may also result in overage charges on the next bill as well).
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Let's say you change your plan 15 days into your billing period. You will be refunded half the price of your old plan for the rest of this month and charged half the price of the new plan for the same period. If the new plan is cheaper than the old one, then you've overpaid for the last half of this month and this overpayment will be refunded on your next bill. (note that your minutes will be prorated too, and this may also result in overage charges on the next bill as well).