Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How does accessing voicemail work on a Canada-Wide Plan?

I know that voicemail is included, but what about accessing them? Does this use up anytime minutes? What if I checked the voicemail after 7 pm (when I have unlimited voice until 8 am)? If a voicemail is 2 minutes long, do I get charged 2 anytime minutes? Thanks.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Yeap, every time you check your voicemail, it is using your airtime, so do it on your weekends and evening or from a Land line, when your voicemail kicks in, interrupt the message with star and then you will be prompted for the password...
Camilo_A wrote:

Yeap, every time you check your voicemail, it is using your airtime, so do it on your weekends an...

Okay, thanks!
Userlevel 1
James, it's free to access your VM as long as it's within you free included minutes. Outside of that, minutes will accumulate towards your included minutes. I believe Koodo charges by the minute, so when you check vm and it takes 2min. 12sec., you'll have used up 3 minutes.
samsvoc wrote:

James, it's free to access your VM as long as it's within you free included minutes. Outside of t...

Thanks for the specifics! Really helped.
Userlevel 6
I can answer all of those questions: 1. To access VM there are several methods and some differ by handset. But on any phone you can dial your own number or call speeddial 1 (By actually calling on CDMA phones or just holding 1 on HSPA or higher phones), smartphones can access VM from the notification bar usually and even have a VM button usually. (Which phone are you using, I could give specifics.) Accessing VM the first time will require you to entre your temporairy password, don't worry, it's your 10-digit cellphone number. Then you can make your own password. You can even access VM from another line by calling your own cell number and pressing "*" once the welcome message starts. (You will need to set it up from your cell first.) 2 and 3. Yes calling voicemail does count toward your airtime minutes if you use your cell, but you have unlimited minutes after 7 that includes VM too. 4. Incoming calls made to your voicemail inbox are not answered by your phone therefore they do not count toward your minutes. I hope this helps.
Curtules wrote:

I can answer all of those questions: 1. To access VM there are several methods and some differ...

Thanks for the very clear answers. I couldn't find it elsewhere. Once again, thanks! (Is there some sort of "This question is resolved/answered" button somewhere? I can't find it.) Oh, and I will be using an iPhone.
Userlevel 6
Curtules wrote:

I can answer all of those questions: 1. To access VM there are several methods and some differ...

Right then, the iPhone has a voicemail button on the call screen in the bottom right-hand corner. It looks like an audio cassette, as out-of-date as that is. Haha.
Curtules wrote:

I don't get any vm notifications on my samsung ace iix. is there something not setup right? thanks