Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How do you contact CSR from Koodoo?

I don't see a phone # anywhere and none of the FAQ questions apply to me. I changed my plan last month to unlimited calling and Texts along with 2.5 gig data and am being billed $38.00 for additional airtime and an additional $1.65 for text message sent. Can someone from Koodoo please contact me to get this straightened out. TIA Ed

7 replies

Userlevel 7
*611 from your Koodo phone or 18669956636 from any other phone. I know why and here you go (I copied and pasted from a response I gave a few days ago, in which this happened to someone else): I think you just made a common mistake amoung people who switch plans. When you switch plans, you lose any minutes you have not used. Also, if you used most of your minutes and then changed your plan 5 days after your cycle, you will be charged extra. A few things that could have happened/did happen Example: Billing date is April 1st FOR EXAMPLE: You have 100 minutes, if you change your plan on April 10th, you only have 33 minutes you can actually use because of proration. If you used 50 minutes and changed plans on April 10th, you will be charged for the 17 minutes as you did not pay for these. ON THE NEW PLAN: Minutes are ALSO prorated. So if your new plan has 200 minutes, with 20 days left, you only have 133 minutes to use. If you go over, you're charged per minute. You need to look at how many minutes you used before you changed your plan in comparison to how many minutes you actually had to use because of proration. And then you also need to look at your new plan to see if you didn't go over those prorated minutes, since you don't have access to the full minutes until your next billing cycle. Same applies for text messages. It gets prorated. I bet you changed from a plan that had a set number of minutes and texts per month
My old plan had 100 daytime minutes free. The new plan is supposed to be unlimited. In my world unlimited means no limit. So how is it possible to go over? This is my second bill since switching to unlimited. Oh, and thanks for your reply. Ed
Userlevel 7
Ed Kennedy wrote:

My old plan had 100 daytime minutes free. The new plan is supposed to be unlimited. In my world...

No, no, you're reading it wrong. Your new plans proration won't matter actually, ignore any and all parts referring to proration from the new plan. Like I said, I just copied and pasted it from an old thread I participated in. For example: Aril 1st billing date and you have 100mins in your plan If you change your plan on April 11th, the minutes you actually had to use during that time is (100minutes/30days x 10 days = 33.33 minutes). If you used more than 33.3minutes, you will be charged per minute for each minute after. This is what happened in your case. You must have used to many daytime minutes in a small period of time, which is why I'm assuming you changed plans .
Userlevel 6
Ed Kennedy wrote:

My old plan had 100 daytime minutes free. The new plan is supposed to be unlimited. In my world...

@Ed Ahmad makes a valid point, but silver lining is that you found this place and you can come here for any future questions you might have. 🙂 There a pretty awesome bunch of people (mostly customers like you) with a ton of knowledge.
There should be no prorating in this case. Koodo customer pay in advance not in arrears. I already paid in full all of the current month. i.e April was paid in full in March. Just as when I changed my plan I paid two months on my first bill. So any talk about pro rating because I changed my plan is bogus. My plan increased it wasn't discontinues or lowered. In fact I feel as though I am being doubly ripped off here. I spent 17 days in hospital due to major back surgery, which is the only reason I changed my plan to begin with. Given that there was no wifi available. I figured the 2.5 gig plan would suffice and I would reduce it again upon discharge. However, it looks as though it will cost me more to reduce it. And before I change anything I want to make sure that I am not being set up again. Ed
Ed Kennedy wrote:

There should be no prorating in this case. Koodo customer pay in advance not in arrears. I alr...

That's why it's called proration. It's a prorated amount from the date of change to the end of the billing cycle for the old rate plan and for the new rate plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ed Kennedy wrote:

There should be no prorating in this case. Koodo customer pay in advance not in arrears. I alr...

Check your bill. When you changed your plan you were credited the amount you had paid in advance for the remainder of the month. You were then charged for the new plan, also for the remainder of the month. It's not "bogus", it's perfectly legitimate, and while you may not like it, it's the way it's always been and the way it works with any provider.