Koodo Community
Question

How do I transfer my account into another person's name?

• 13 June 2011
  • 7 replies

i have a koodo cell that i want to give the owner ship to my sister. how can i do that?

7 replies

is there a charge to change ownership of a phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi. I wonder what ID I should have with me ??Here is link to "What ID do I need to sign up?" http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/how_to_activate_my_phone 🙂
Hi. I wonder what ID I should have with me ??
how long does it take to transfer one account to another person?Hi Caroline - The transfer happens immediately. There is a 10 day window from when the transfer request is set up for the person taking over the account to call in and complete it.
how long does it take to transfer one account to another person?
Userlevel 1
That's very kind of you Mehrdad, I'll walk you through what you need to do: We'll need to run a ...Wait... That last part... We can do a Transfer of Ownership over the phone with Customer Service?
Userlevel 1
That's very kind of you Mehrdad, I'll walk you through what you need to do: We'll need to run a credit check on your sister, so make sure she has two forms of ID, both government issued and one with her picture on it (not the health card). If you have a negative tab, it can be transferred to your sister only if she passes the credit check. If she doesn't we cannot complete the Transfer of Ownership. (ignore this if you have a positive tab) Make sure your account is active, we can't transfer it to her if it has been cancelled So just give customer service a call at your earliest convenience - 1 866 99 KOODO and they will walk you through everything. Good Luck!