Koodo Community

how do i talk to an agent to dispute a bill?

i need to speak with an agent to dispute a bill but can’t because call volume is too high. Is there a phone number to call to speak with someone directly instead of using the chat?

Dennis 7 days ago

Yes, like I said, it was a call to Saskatchewan which I was charged .50/minute for. I used 200 of 500 minutes in the billing cycle.

Was their a recent plan change that may have triggered proration? 

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Nope. We can help you here and if not, direct you to a Rep who can. What's the charge that you're trying to dispute?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately that is the only way to get in touch by phone. You can also send a private message on Facebook, or perhaps we can help you with your bill? What do you reckon is wrong with it?

I was charged $17 for a long distance call but I have  minutes for long distances calls

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Where was the the LD call made and what add-on do you have? Are you talking about the 1000min LD add-on?

It was made to Saskatchewan and at the time I had 500 minutes nation wide calling (which I never use so it would not have been over). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ahh but any call you make would use the 500 minutes (nation wide includes local). Did you call a little more than average this month? 

If that happens more often, you can add a $2 unlimited calling to your line so you won’t get any surprises next time!

No, i don’t think that’s the case. I would like to speak to someone to resolve this issue instead of using this platform as it’s not effective. How can I talk to someone on the phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It was made to Saskatchewan and at the time I had 500 minutes nation wide calling (which I never use so it would not have been over). 

Have you at least logged into self serve and downloaded the detailed pdf ebill to see the error on your bill?  Does it say the $17 charge is for long distance and Which date and time and specific call is for?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you also take into account that incoming calls are counted towards the 500 minute amount? Failing that the only way to talk to someone on the phone is to try a callback. Failing that you'll need to send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to get it sorted out

Yes, like I said, it was a call to Saskatchewan which I was charged .50/minute for. I used 200 of 500 minutes in the billing cycle.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was their a recent plan change that may have triggered proration? 

Yes, I did change my plan. However, it went from 500 nation wide minutes to unlimited nation wide minutes, so I’m confused why I would get a long distance charge.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, I did change my plan. However, it went from 500 nation wide minutes to unlimited nation wide minutes, so I’m confused why I would get a long distance charge.

Ok this makes more sense now.

If you change your plan mid way through your cycle, your minutes are prorated during that period. So if for example, you change your 500min plan half way through your cycle, then for the first half of your cycle you have 250 minutes and the unlimited minutes your changed to only applies to the 2nd half of your plan 

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/proration

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you changed your plan when  10days into your billing cycle, then it  could be minutes overage charge.

You had 500 min for 30 days. You had only 166 min for first 10days [ 500min/ 30days = 16.6/day]
But you already used 200 min in this 10days.

So 200- 166= 34 min overage.  34min  x $0.5 = $17 

If you changed your plan sooner or later than 10 days in, or if your usage is different, then my guess is wrong...