Koodo Community
Solved

How do I know if my account has actually been cancelled??

I think we all know about how the Koodo customer service phone line is.. and I'm having serious doubts about my account actually being cancelled. I ported my number out to another company, and I got the email "Your account will be cancelled at the end of your billing cycle" (aka 23 days from now.. long time to be charged without any service!) - I made sure to call in asking to make sure my account would be cancelled for that day, as the CRTC says you can cancel your service anytime, no 30 day notice. The guy said it was cancelled but just didnt seem to sound confident.

I was unable to see any notice of my account being cancelled online on self-serve; I went into a Koodo store and they couldn't tell me anything about the cancellation date, and I called again the next day and they still said the same thing, account is cancelled as of end of billing cycle. Which is not an acceptable answer, as I ported out AND called to cancel already. Is there no notice in there for any customer service to provide proof that the account was cancelled? No way for any sort of email confirmation either.

All I am looking for, is some form of email/written confirmation that my account will stop being billed as of the day I first called in to cancel after my porting out, in case they try to charge me at the end of the month for the whole month's bill. How can I go about doing that without an email service to contact, stores seeing no info and customer service (phone) not having any recollection of the previous calls I make??
icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 9 November 2016, 21:19

@ Snow Send us a Facebook direct message. It takes no time to confirm once you give us the account number. 

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Snow Send us a Facebook direct message. It takes no time to confirm once you give us the account number.