Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How can I prevent being charged for $10 content subscription again?

I think I found the unsolicited "content subscription" and have sent a "stop" notice. I have no idea what this was and what I paid $10 for. How can I get that credited and prevent it from happening in the future? If this is going to happen frequently, I am going to have to reconsider the whole android thing.
icon

Best answer by Camilo_A 17 April 2013, 23:40

Hi there Caron... This kind of charges come from Other companies, it is not Koodo, and can be games, trivia, horoscope, dating, etc.... When you get those strange texts, please reply STOP right away and the service should stop... then if you still see those charges, call Customer Service to get the exact company that is charging you, then you can ask Customer Service for the Toll Free number to call them and get the services cancelled on their end. When you see adds on your phone when you are playing for example, do not open them, also don't type your number on any website since you may get subscribed...

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there Caron... This kind of charges come from Other companies, it is not Koodo, and can be games, trivia, horoscope, dating, etc.... When you get those strange texts, please reply STOP right away and the service should stop... then if you still see those charges, call Customer Service to get the exact company that is charging you, then you can ask Customer Service for the Toll Free number to call them and get the services cancelled on their end. When you see adds on your phone when you are playing for example, do not open them, also don't type your number on any website since you may get subscribed...