Koodo Community

Community

How About Setting Up a Self Serve Computer Station At the Kiosk

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
With all the kiosk talk about charges for plan changes at the kiosks and the lack of flexible bill payments at the kiosk.... How about setting up a Self Serve Station so that people can log on and make the changes/payments themselves. If anything, for those who were afraid of using Self Serve, the Reps may show them how to do this. This might make this kind of change easier for those who are unsure. And this will also assist those who do not have an internet connection.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I like this idea, but I'm worried about privacy. Koodo doesn't have stores, and there's a lot of traffic around kiosks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

I like this idea, but I'm worried about privacy. Koodo doesn't have stores, and there's a lot of ...

They could maybe fit the screen with the same privacy shield screen thingy that all the rep's use?
Userlevel 5
Ivan wrote:

I like this idea, but I'm worried about privacy. Koodo doesn't have stores, and there's a lot of ...

I think it's a good and creative idea but I also agree with Philosoraphtor. There may be problems with privacy so I think it's best if the person uses Self Serve at their home.
Userlevel 1
Ivan wrote:

For better security & Privacy Koodo is advising customers to setup themselves their own Self serve accounts, if they face any problem they should call trained customer service rep that should help them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

I'm thinking the privacy my mom would have doing this at the library would be equivalent to a public terminal at a kiosk. Just an idea. Im sure there could be a lot of fine tuning or this could evolve into something very different from the discussions here 🙂
Userlevel 6
Denis, this is already implemented. Computers at a kiosk can be use to register to self serve and you can register directly to your smartphone with the koodo self serve app. If you go to a kiosk reps can set up your self serve, we do it all the time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Erwin wrote:

Denis, this is already implemented. Computers at a kiosk can be use to register to self serve and...

I mean to go beyond just the setting up of the self serve. Ex. If my mom wanted to change her plan and I was roaming international with my phone off, she could go to the kiosk (since she doesnt have internet in her house) and can make the changes at a Kiosk public self serve computer/terminal. If she gets stuck she can ask a rep right there. Which might be helpful and reduce fear than if she went to a Winnipeg public library where she would be too afraid to ask for help. The app is not very helpful to my mom either considering she has the Nokia 3710 flip phone. She doesnt even text message lol
Userlevel 6
Erwin wrote:

Denis, this is already implemented. Computers at a kiosk can be use to register to self serve and...

It all depends on what type of rep you encounter at the kiosk. If I had a customer like your mom, I'd help them change their plan by creating a self serve account for them. Then logging in to their self serve account and changing the plan. Personally, I don't think we need a special self serve service station as all Koodo computers are able to log in without getting blocked to self serve. Also on compassionate reasons, customer service may change plans at no cost if a customer is unable to log in to serve serve for any plausible circumstance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Erwin wrote:

Which is great of Koodo. But then people like my mom never learn for next time. I guess in addition to convenience for some people, my vision for this is to provide a little "hand holding" so more people might use the self serve on their own in the future. I mean change is good. And for most older customers, I think a little more change management to help them ease into self serve would be beneficial. This could help them view their ebill and stuff too. Wean them from paper that most people are use to.