Koodo Community

Community

Home Phone Billing issue

I emailed support last week but heard nothing back which is rather disappointing.

We signed up for our new home phone account on January 21. We received a bill showing our discounted rate of $5 for February (which makes sense) but a partial charge of $2.67 for Jan 21-24.

Why is that pro-rated off of the regular $20 instead of the discounted rate? It should be prorated for 3-4 days of $5.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Robert,The discounted rate does not start right away. It takes 2-3 billing cycles before the discount is applied on the line.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Robert,The discounted rate does not start right away. It takes 2-3 billing cycles before the d...

The first full month to be exact, for wireless home phone the proration is calculated based on the regular price and the 12-months at discounted rate apply as of the first full month.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Robert,The discounted rate does not start right away. It takes 2-3 billing cycles before the d...

Why is it like that? No one told us. I realize it's only a few dollars but customers should be told. I'm not happy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

The promotion is communicated as $5/mth for the first 12 months. If it was applied to the prorated period it wouldn't be fair as you're not getting a full month at the promotional rate and most customers would be upset about that. I'll share you're feedback with the team to coach back and ensure reps are clear on how the promotion is communicated to customers, Robert. In any case, you'll still be getting 12 months at the promotional rate.
Mathieu wrote:

Okay. That part makes sense - thank you. It should still be communicated to customers though. In our case, it's only a few dollars but anyone signing up part-way through a month would be unpleasantly surprised.
Why not? It's been applied for the first full month. Why wouldn't they apply it to the first partial month? No one told us we would be paying the first partial month at a pro-rated full rate.