Koodo Community

Community

Higher Tab pay-off percentage, like 15% or 20%

The Koodo Tab takes forever to pay off. For example, if i take the basic $15 plan and add a $10 calling features add-on, it will only give me $2.50 per month, or $30 per year, to my Tab. This is virtually a "five-year contract" for a $150 phone. Even those who pay $40 per month would have to stay with Koodo for over three years just to pay off a $150 subsidy! Other carriers offer greater subsidies. i suggest the Tab monthly percentage be increased to 15% or 20% when some criteria is met. For example, those who add any data add-on receive a greater subsidy. This would include the BlackBerry, Data Saver and Connect add-ons. This way, people are more likely to add data plans and to stay with Koodo. With a 15% rate, one with a $35/month data plan could have their Tab cleared off after 2 years and 4 months of continuous service. Virgin once had a similar promotion, so Koodo should come up with something creative. Thanks for reading. 🙂

9 replies

Userlevel 6
You can quickly lower your Tab by having friends & family join Koodo. All it takes is 6 to join and your Tab will be at zero! http://koodoreferral.com/referral.aspx Personally, my Tab gets cleared pretty much every year, but my plan is a bit higher; 67$/month, so getting a few friends to join gets the job done 🙂
John Burke wrote:

You can quickly lower your Tab by having friends & family join Koodo. All it takes is 6 to joi...

This sounds all right, but that's not what i meant. A referral credit and a non-referral but higher Tab payoff rate are both different things. i like that both clients get a credit, however. i might ask my Koodo friends to inquire about this. 😃
Userlevel 1
John Burke wrote:

You can quickly lower your Tab by having friends & family join Koodo. All it takes is 6 to joi...

:D
Userlevel 1
Thanks for posting Alex 🙂
so is that option available yet for people who already have a tab and want to change it?
Userlevel 6
paul_kariya_94 wrote:

so is that option available yet for people who already have a tab and want to change it?

Nope & I doubt they'll change it. 10% makes sense from a business standpoint and they offer Referral credits as well. On a 50$/mos plan it's paid off every 2 1/2 years. The higher your plan, the faster it's paid off.
Userlevel 7
the funny thing is every time it's down by 50$ I get the urge to hit the bargain bin. Samsung Galaxy Ace is looking interesting.
Chad Burr wrote:

the funny thing is every time it's down by 50$ I get the urge to hit the bargain bin. Samsung Gal...

DON'T GET THE ACE
The ace is nice. Way better than the Optimus... way way better...