Koodo Community
Question

high bill

• 17 November 2020
  • 6 replies

My sons phone plan says he has unlimited minutes. This month the bill shows he's used over 200 mins and I've been charged  $42.00. If it's unlimited time to talk, why the extra charge? I've tried to "chat" with online help, but got nowhere fast & can't find the number to help me out with this.

I'm unhappy with the $145 bill total for our phones. It should be way cheaper as he's on the cheapest plan.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It could be long distance calls. 
Can you log into self serve and download PDF Ebill?   You will see all detailed informations there.

Ok Thank You, I found it. And yes, I guess he made a long distance call for over an hour. Boooo,

I didn’t download the bill until now. So thank you for your help. Glad to find the solution, but still upset about the results lol 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok Thank You, I found it. And yes, I guess he made a long distance call for over an hour. Boooo,

I didn’t download the bill until now. So thank you for your help. Glad to find the solution, but still upset about the results lol 

I have 2 kids, so I can feel your pain🙂
I don’t know how old is your son. But when my kids were in high school, I charged them for overage. Like reduced their allowance and/or cut their lunch money and give them extra house chores . If it still failed, I took their phone away.  You can discuss with him and try it too😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are those long distance calls for work related things? 

No it wasn't work related. He's only 13 and in high school. Thanks though. 🙂

I have 2 kids, so I can feel your pain🙂
I don’t know how old is your son. But when my kids were in high school, I charged them for overage. Like reduced their allowance and/or cut their lunch money and give them extra house chores . If it still failed, I took their phone away.  You can discuss with him and try it too😁

Thanks. He's 13 and will be doing extra chores around the house for sure 😄 also a good lecture after school today too.