Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Hey am just wondering about tax exempt on my account cause am First Nation

17 replies

Badge +4
Good question, Edward. According to what's mentioned in the link below, you must present to the vendor a Certificate of Indian Status card (status card) or the Temporary Confirmation of Registration Document (TCRD). GST/HST relief would apply if you paid for a service performed off a reserve and you presented the proper document to the vendor. When you registered with Koodo, did you present your status card as ID? http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tpcs/gst-tps/frstntns/menu-eng.html
rikkster wrote:

Good question, Edward. According to what's mentioned in the link below, you must present to the v...

I presented my Status Card when I purchased my phone and plan but they told me for my billing I had to get a form from Koodo to submit for the 8% PST to be removed.  I have not received anything. For my Bell cell services I was able to fax a copy of my card, (front and back) to the billing department and then the 8% was removed and I was also credited back a few months.  Is this something Koodo can do as well?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

Good question, Edward. According to what's mentioned in the link below, you must present to the v...

Randi, I'd advise you to send a private message via Facebook or Twitter (links are on bottom-right of this page) so that an employee could gather the necessary information and instruct you on how to submit your status documentation to Koodo.
Userlevel 6
rikkster wrote:

I don't think any wireless provider will allow tax exemption upon activation and must be done by sending copy of first nations card to the carrier after the fact.
rikkster wrote:

Koodo accounting has my tax exemption information. They recognize it for a while then all of a sudden it shows up again on my bill. I don't understand. But I will send in my information again and again if I have to.

rikkster wrote:

Thank you Titaniumtux. I have done that over and over. They honour it for a while and then they sneak it in on my bill again. It's frustrating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

I don't think anyone sneaks it in on purpose - it must be some kind of a glitch.

Koodo has nothing to gain by charging you tax as those funds go to the gov't and not Koodo.

I'm sorry about the frustration. Hopefully this will not repeat.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

How often does it dissappear from your bill? For Koodo's EPP discount you have to resubmit your infornation every year in order to get the discount so this may be the same sort of thing.
rikkster wrote:

Thank you. I will send in my info again.
rikkster wrote:

This is just silly that it falls off the system and you can't send it via fax or email that I can find you have to send it by mail.  I'm looking for and address or phone number.  Why would they drop the tax exemption?  It isn't as if you all of a sudden aren't First Nations.  I could see if we changed addresses maybe...
To where can I send this info?? I can't find an email adress or phone number anywhere!! on my phone or phone bill. if i dial *611 they tell me it will cost me $10 or $15 to get anyone to do thier jobs on the phone. I have to do it all self-serve or get charged to deal with someone who is meant to be a 'CUSTOMER Service- REP!" I have to pay them to do their jobs ???? 😕 I am not paying someone more money to do their intial job. Can someone please give me the 800# or email address to send my ceritificate of indian status/paperwork that shows tax exempt
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vicki Seymour wrote:

To where can I send this info?? I can't find an email adress or phone number anywhere!! on my pho...

If the option is not on your selfserve, you won't be charged because you cannot do it yourself.

Koodo number is 611 from your handset or 1 (866) 995-6636. You could also send message to their facebook and ask for the detail.
Userlevel 5
Vicki Seymour wrote:

To where can I send this info?? I can't find an email adress or phone number anywhere!! on my pho...

Hey Vicki, please check your email.  The tax exemption form and details you need has been emailed to you.
Vicki Seymour wrote:

I got that form. As directed on the form, I MAILED the form and my ID. There is still taxes on my monthly invoice. I am not paying the taxes!! Is someone ever going to respond to my tax exemption - submission???
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vicki Seymour wrote:

When did you mail it and what is your billing date? I see Josie replied a month ago (I don’t know exact date). Maybe they are still on the process about it and couldn’t make this month billing...? They might send you confirm email once it applied. And if you don’t see adjustments on next bill, then I would contact them again.
i would like a tax exemption form and details emailed to me. thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Howard Nordquist wrote:

i would like a tax exemption form and details emailed to me. thank you

Send them a message through facebook and ask for the form and detail. https://m.facebook.com/Koodo