Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Help With My First Billing Date

Hi, I purchased a Koodo Mobile device today. I was told that I would be billed for my first month (Dec. 13 - Jan 13) a month from today which would be January 13th 2015 however self-serve says I will be billed in 3 days. Help?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Your bill will come out about 3 business days after your billing cycle ends. It's not available to be viewed immediately.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just wait to see what happens. Maybe the employee wasn't right because you usally get billed when the billing cycle ends. Here's everything you need to know about your first-bill or pro-ration so you don't freak out when you see your bill! Take a look at this video hoping it will make you understand : http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/charges-explained/charges-on-your-first-bill Here's a PDF of what your first bill may look like : http://koodomobile.com/samplebill.pdf
Ok my main question is when will I be billed for my first month? 3 days AFTER my first cycle (which will be a month from now) or 3 days AFTER my activation date.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your billing date is not the day you activated. It usually a couple days after your activation. In your case, if your self service says "3 days until your next bill" today-Dec. 13, it means your billing cycle is 17th of the month to 16th of the next month. Your first bill will be a little higher because it will include 4 days of the service - Dec 13 to Dec 16( pro-ration) plus a month service. You will receive your first bill around Dec 19th.
Ok thank you for all of your help 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo could avoid a lot of hassles by starting your billing period on the day you buy your phone. Plan is by the month, you owe ONLY one month. So you pay the monthly fee + taxes and all you owe later are extras, which will find you soon enough next month. Every bill thereafter, you owe accumulated extras + next month's basic service. Not hard to understand for anyone. If you bought your phone, cancel your service and unlock, it probably costs you close to $0, which I'm sure is the reason for not implementing this idea. Nobody wants to know the cash price of a car (or whatever), just what the monthly payment will be.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Koodo could avoid a lot of hassles by starting your billing period on the day you buy your phone....

Maybe, but this may generate too much trafic on their system or something like that. They do have a reason of why it's that way, just curious to know why!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Koodo could avoid a lot of hassles by starting your billing period on the day you buy your phone....

Most US companies at least do the pro-rate bill thing for the CURRENT month only. One bill for a partial month, followed 30 days later for a full one is easier for the customer to swallow than a "double" month plus taxes at the outset. If anything, sending out 1/30th of all the bills every day makes for a lighter and more comprehensible work load than doing a major batch all at once. Does not increase the trafffic at all, just levels it out. I am sure they have their reasons that are not apparent to us.
Userlevel 4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

I think the reason is mucho dinero for a system change-:)