Koodo Community
Solved

GST charge

I’ve been using koodo mobile for 4 months now, but never realized until now that they overcharged me GST than it supposed to be, i lived in Alberta, so GST is 5% in here, but they seem to charged me more than 5%. Is there anybody experiencing same thing?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Julie Koodo 4 January 2019, 15:21

Hi Martha!

We'll get someone to investigate your bill and figure out why you were charged above 5%. Until we can provide more insight, we applied a credit for the full amount you were overcharged since activation. You can view your new balance in self-serve here.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Badge +4
They base it on the phone number. Is your number an Alberta number?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They charge GST on the tab payment as well.

Maybe you can copy and past the bill summary so we can help you explain their math
Userlevel 3
Hi Martha!

We'll get someone to investigate your bill and figure out why you were charged above 5%. Until we can provide more insight, we applied a credit for the full amount you were overcharged since activation. You can view your new balance in self-serve here.
Thank you julie
Userlevel 3
Hey Martha!
Upon reviewing your account, it turns out that the taxes were actually calculated correctly - The taxes are simply calculated before your discount takes effect, meaning that you're taxed on the initial amount before credit.
No worries though, we won't readjust your bill, but you'll know what to expect for the following months 🙂.