Koodo Community

Community

Getting Wrong Number When Calling 411

I was looking for a phone number & I couldn't get access to the internet to look for it so I called 411 for directory assistance & I was given the wrong number,I was wondering what can I do to get credited back the charge for getting the wrong number ?

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Not sure if they would credit you back. How would they know that the number you got was not what you wanted? Did you hear the # incorrectly maybe?
It was a wrong number as I was given another number that was not related to what I wanted & I even got a text message with the number & it was connected for me as well.
Userlevel 5
You can call and ask. I assume the decision will be up to the person who answers.
Well I called in & spoke to a man by the name of Carlos & he was really nice with me and he checked the system & saw that I did indeed call 411 so he said, since my bill has not been generated yet, he can't apply the credit but when it does get generated, then to call in & they will give the credit to my account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
TheZoomer wrote:

Well I called in & spoke to a man by the name of Carlos & he was really nice with me and he check...

Just make sure the person doesn't forget!

Directory Assistance (411) is a service provided by local telephone companies. Koodo Mobile pays for every call that is routed to a 411 operator from any of their mobile phones koodo is not able to refund you back if they apply a credit it wouldn't be for that service it would just be a credit in general. To dispute any charges you would need to contact 411 customer service by dialing 1-866-411-4411 press 2 or you may write to help@411.ca and explain them your case.
Userlevel 2
Guys, a couple of months ago I installed the 411 - directory Assistance app (free) But I cant find it any more. This could help you alot, if you got the wrong number. As with this app you get more detailed info... I will keep looking for it. i found this one (YELLOW PAGES APP) → https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ypg.find&hl=en
Userlevel 4
Or you can install the yellow pages app. Saved me a few charges for 411 on the bill.
Userlevel 2
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Or you can install the yellow pages app. Saved me a few charges for 411 on the bill.

yes I posted the link above. it saves you money:)
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

For some apparent reason, my computer did not display that hahaha
Userlevel 2
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

well if you find the 411 app you let me know ;p
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

That yellow pages app will do the trick just fine 🙂
Userlevel 4
I honestly don't see an issue with a one time credit when it appears on the bill as long as there have been no other 411 credits on the account and the amount of credits in general isn't a large amount. Like it was stated earlier, it really is up to the agent you speak with when the bill is viewable.