Koodo Community
Solved

Getting Roaming charges while still in Canada?

• 23 September 2020
  • 2 replies

I live in Victoria BC, and are going to school at Uvic. While at school sometimes my phone will start to roam. I keep getting charged roaming cost for texts. How do I prevent this?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 23 September 2020, 21:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think when you traveled to somewhere in Victoria, the phone found the US cellular signal was stronger than Koodo and it decided on itself to switch to it. (As a postpaid customer, you were automatically signed up for US roaming).

In these cases, Koodo would refund you the charge but you have to contact Koodo directly and ask a rep to assist. I would suggest you chat with a rep via facebook messaging https://www.facebook.com/Koodo

To avoid the issue in the future, If you are using iPhone, I would suggest you go to settings » Cellular » network selection » manually select it to Koodo. If you are using Android, the procedure is similar, you could find it in the Settings of the phone. That would help you to avoid automatic switching to another carrier.

Userlevel 7

For Android go to setting>Network&internet>Network settings + Disable Roaming>Advanced>Disable ‘Automatically select network’>Network [select koodo network from list]